Monday 30 September 2019

Hocus Pocus Loungefly bag review

Photo of the day: 22.9.2019 (day 264)

Last year I bought the Disney Store Boogie Boys bag, which is just part of their own label. Bert was rather doubtful about it, and convinced it would fall apart after a month, 3 tops. But other than a hole in the fabric of the zipper, which was my fault entirely and doesn't hinder use of the bag at all, it's still like new and I stand by the review I wrote about it last year. 

So when this year a Hocus Pocus version of that bag, by Loungefly, appeared on the Shop Disney UK site (probably on other EU Shop Disney sites, too) I couldn't resist. I love Hocus Pocus, and I figured that having a second/spare of the bag I use pretty much year round would be a good idea. 
After all, if the Disney Store label bag was top notch, the Loungefly one had to be at least just as good right? 

Well... 


I'm not convinced. 

Photo of the day: 12.9.2019 

I really do love the design. But somehow I feel like the Sanderson sister applicque is lesser quality than the one of the Boogie Boys on my other bag. Which was €17 cheaper no less. So I wonder how well that will hold up.

Hocus Pocus bag 

The Thackary Binx on the back is just a vinyl stencil, so that WILL wear off sooner or later. 

Hocus Pocus bag 

The Facilier voodoo card bag charm, which is a big question as to why that's on there and not Winnifred's spell book in the first place, is frankly plain old shit quality. It will get gross and dirty in a matter of weeks of me using it, so I think I'll just take it off. 
What's more, I have a similar bag charm that is attached to my Bioworld Hoth bag, and that's also much better quality. Basically, several cheaper brands have managed to do quite a bit better than Loungefly, which is known to be quite an expensive brand, and is supposed to be good quality. Not mediocre at best quallty. 

Hocus Pocus bag 

The zippers (both the outer one and the one for the zippered inside pocket) seem sturdy enough, and the plain purple lining (yeah, plain, no cute print) does as well. Which is something at least. It comes with two handles, as well as a removable strap. I couldn't care less about the straps, I always chuck them and use the one I got from Zatchels instead, as that is way more comfortable anyway. 

Hocus Pocus bag 

I'm definitely not an expert when it comes to Loungefly, I only own one other item by them: a faux leather tote that has R2D2 on one side and C3PO on the other (and first impressions is that that one is way better quality). I've used that tote several times since I got it last July and I'm really pleased with it so far. Hopefully this bag will prove me wrong on the assumption that the quality isn't all there, in which case I will update this post at a later date.

You may wonder why I'm keeping it if I'm not all that pleased with it. The answer to that is simple. The plastic packaging is put on several parts in a way that you can't properly see them and check the quality without ripping that to shreds (or you know, neatly cutting it off with scissors like I did). Once that's removed, you can't send it back (unless of course it's faulty). Basically, you're tricked into keeping an item that is quite pricy (I paid €59,01 for mine, shipping included) but that isn't the kind of quality you'd expect for the money.

Ready to be unpacked 

I will use this bag, and hopefully it'll prove to be much better quality than it seems to be on first impression (but I had a MUCH better first impression from my Boogie Boys bag, so there's that), but it's not something I would recommend unless you are an avid Hocus Pocus collector. 
I am seriously considering using it as a decor piece most of the time (like I do with a lot of my bags any way, so they have some use when not in use). 

---- 

Find me online: 
twitter - instagram - website 

---- 

Disclaimer: Google is trying to fob off a lot of their GDPR responsability by pretending the responsability to safeguard privacy is with bloggers. I can assure you that I don't collect ANY data on my followers or people that read this blog what so ever, so when it comes to this blog, it's entirely on google.  I will continue to post links to secondary sites, I have no stake in this other than to provide my readers with a handy link, so if you worry about your data when you enter those sites, you'll have to take it up with them. I hope that helps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment