Monday 25 January 2021

Last week in photos etc: January 18-24 2021

Mischief managed

Still having a good time with the #newyearnewmagicchallenge over on instagram. It's more positive than the state of the world at least! It provides an excellent diversion. Not entirely sure it's causing much improvement in my photography skills though! 

Monday, January 18 
Cursed Child flatlay for tomorrow's insta challenge prompt: 19 years later. I know a lot of fans feel The Cursed Child shouldn't be canon, and that it's absolute rubbish, and frankly, yes the story is beyond ridiculous, but it's the kind of ridiculous I totally dig. Scorpius Malfoy has immediately become one of my all time favourite characters, and I don't mind Voldemort and Bellatrix having spawned together. So yeah, I'm into it! :D

Photo of the day: 18.1.2021 

---- 

Tuesday, January 19 
A Cursed Child Hermione Ministry of Magic flatlay, because in that story Hermione is minister of magic. The planes are a free printable by Wizardry Workshop, should you feel like making some yourself.

Photo of the day: 19.1.2021 

---- 

Wednesday, January 20 
In my mind, the most marvelous crossover is the 11th Doctor and Newt Scamander. I can think up all sorts of marvelous shenenigans.

Photo of the day: 20.1.2021 

---- 

Thursday, January 21 
Hogwarts seal. I was always wondering why the blazes these Noble Collection wax seals were so pricy 'till a friend told me to just trust her and get one. I figured a Hogwarts one would be fun to make paper props and boy, I totally get it now. Not only is the seal super detailed diecast, a miniature statue in itself. The seal is also AMAZING and so so detailed. Even the wax that came with it is super detailed! I don't think I ever want to use it! I am storing it in it's box rather than in my box of seals and wax, it deserves to be stored separately. I really want to get the Gryffindor one now, which is a little silly as I have ordered the Insight Editions Gryffindor stationery set which also contains, you guessed it, a Gryffindor was seal. I could always display it in my display case though...

Photo of the day: 21.1.2021 

---- 

Friday, January 22 
My Filofax clipbook. I wanted to get into using a planner, but I didn't want to shell out loads for an actual organiser (yes there are cheap ones but I also didn't want to get something from Wish or its ilk or just plain shit quality). So I got this Filofax clipbook instead :). I like it just fine :).

Photo of the day: 22.1.2021 

Today I also had a book review go live on Never Was Mag, so if you're into steampunk detective novels, you might want to check out this post :). There's a talking cat involved :D. 

---- 

Saturday, January 23 
Today I was making photos for an upcoming piece for Never Was Magazine. This isn't the one that'll go into it as I decided upon a different format, but I like how this one came out, so there's that :). 

Photo of the day: 23.1.2021 

No oufit shot, because it was dull and grey out so Bert and I sorted out this portrait for an upcoming promt. 
Mischief Managed 

Mischief managed 

---- 

Sunday, January 24 
Double exposure photo of Kiwi-chan in the sofa. 
Taken with my Instax SQ10, which has a setting which is best described as "failproof double exposure". 

Double exposed Kiwi-chan

And here is my half assed dedication to the Wizarding Fashion prompt. I had a whole look in mind, but then the weather was mank, we needed to sort out a ton of things in the garden before it became even more dire and I just threw something together and grabbed my Firebolt. One day, ONE DAY, I will be able to go on location (aka to the family field) and get that dieselpunk Quidditch look I've been talking about.  ONE DAY! But today is not today, today you get this.

Outfit: 24.1.2021

Hat and scarf: The Cursed Child merch 
Goggles: Evomosa 
Aviator jacket: Pull & Bear 
Top: UNIQLO 
Skirt: UNIQLO 
Leggings: Primark, and believe it or not, it has a white on black marauder's map print 
Socks: UNIQLO 
Boots: Kickers 
Broom: Firebolt movie replica by The Noble Collection

In other news, the extended trailer for Godzilla vs Kong dropped and boy, am I EXCITEDi I know these movies are always rubbish but man, I love Gojira, all hall the king! Mind you, exception of Kong: Skull Island, that was really good! 


---- 

Photos of me are taken by Bert Van den Wyngaert. All other photos are by me. If you want to know where I got something in a particular photo, don't hesitate to drop me a comment and ask :). 

Find me online: 

---- 

Disclaimer: Google is trying to fob off a lot of their GDPR responsability by pretending the responsability to safeguard privacy is with bloggers. I can assure you that I don't collect ANY data on my followers or people that read this blog what so ever, so when it comes to this blog, it's entirely on google.  I will continue to post links to secondary sites, I have no stake in this other than to provide my readers with a handy link, so if you worry about your data when you enter those sites, you'll have to take it up with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment