Thursday 14 January 2021

Harry Potter Crossword Puzzles, because I am that much of a dork

_MG_2509 

Obviously :) 

Don't worry, there is also talk about ink, fountain pens and The Cursed Child in here, it's not just crosswords.

Browsing Book Depository, as I clearly do far too often, I stumbled upon this particular piece of Wizarding World merch. 
Obviously, not official merch, but merch that is distributed on a big book retailer noneteless. 
I had just finished The Cursed Child, which I actually enjoyed (more about that anon), but I haven't read most of the books in a while. I do, however, have a bit of a brain for trivia so I figured I'd give it a go. 
It's actually pretty good fun. Even though some of the crosswords are a bit weird, and I'm not sure they're as correct as they should be. They're also VERY Cursed Child centric, so if you've not seen the play or read the script, this is really not your kind of puzzle book. 
You get 20 puzzles in total, and the answers are included in the back of the book, as is traditional with this kinda thing. 
If you're good at Potterverse trivia, this won't be too hard (or hard at all) for you, its a bit of fun in any case if you like this sort of thing.
I really quite enjoyed it. 

Photo of the day: 26.11.2020 

I've only filled in the one with fountain pen (not the best idea as the paper is too thin to support ink and it shows through a little on the other side, which lists the things to fill in so yeah...) as I would quite like to have the option to erase the filled in puzzles again and revisit them later. 
Don't expect a fancy book or a fancy lay-out, its a super basic puzzle book. 
But if you're into crossword puzzles and Wizarding World trivia, this could be a bit of fun. Or a good gag gift for a Potterhead in your life. If you're not, just ignore the fact that this book even exists, it's not for you. 

Triple Chocolate

For those interested, the ink I used is Diamine Triple Chocolate from their Inkvent series. Which is my favourite brown fountain pen ink. Actually it is probably my favourite painting ink, too! (Just like Fire Embers, which I talked about in this post, it's good for writing and painting, most excellent). 
It is part of the Diamine Inkvent series, and you can get it from places like Penstore and Cultpens. 
Now, if you want to paint with this, it is more like ecoline than it is like actual painting inks. However, it is much nicer than ecoline, but it is pricier. Frankly I think it's worth it, especially as I also write with it quite regularly. 

My favourite fountain pens are Kaweco Sport. They're really affordable. I also like that you get to choose your nib size. Do not get the extra broad nib though, those are rubbish! The others are all good (at least to my experience and I have pens with fine, medium and broad nibs).

And now for my two cents on The Cursed Child. Which I have saved for the last because you know: SPOILER WARNING! 
I actually enjoyed it. Yes, it was far fetched, yes it was all sorts of weird and ridiculous, but I like that sort of thing. 
If this was a movie, I would probably sit there laughing my ass off at it. Personally, I don't actually mind Bellatrix and Voldemort having spawned. I do want to point out that augury's are not as bad ass as Delphi makes them out to be, at least the one that made an appearance in Fantastic Beasts 2 wasn't. 
But I digress, Cursed Child, liked it. Scorpius Malfoy is such a good character, and I really wouldn't mind if there was a proper book starring the Potter, Granger-Weasley and Malfoy offspring.

---- 

Find me online: instagram - YouTube 

---- 

Disclaimer: Google is trying to fob off a lot of their GDPR responsability by pretending the responsability to safeguard privacy is with bloggers. I can assure you that I don't collect ANY data on my followers or people that read this blog what so ever, so when it comes to this blog, it's entirely on google.  I will continue to post links to secondary sites, I have no stake in this other than to provide my readers with a handy link, so if you worry about your data when you enter those sites, you'll have to take it up with them. I hope that helps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment