Saturday 26 December 2020

Christmas: fashion, food, flatlays and what I got

Dear Santa, can we negotiate? 

Well, with lockdowns, the government trying to cancel Christmas and all sorts of madness, I have tried tob ring some cheer in my life by dressing up, doodling Christmas outfits in my sketchbook and making flatlays. So here we are are, with 2020 Christmas fashion, food, flatlays, art and what I got (which is all the way at the end with a handy video if you just want that)! All photos of me were taken by Bert Van den Wyngaert. Most were edited by him, some by me. The flatlays and art are by me. 
I have linked to all the items that are available online at the time I post this. 

Gryffindor ChristmasGryffindor Christmas 
GRYFFINDOR CHRISTMAS 
Hat: thrifted/vintage 
Glasses: Theo 
Sweater: Fun dot com 
Skirt: Hell Bunny 
Tights: H&M 
Boots: Kickers 

----
 
Christmas outfit

VINTAGE INSPIRED CHRISTMAS WITCH 
Glasses: Theo 
Cardigan: Monki 
Skirt: made it myself 
Petticoat: American Apparel 
Leggings and socks: UNIQLO 
Boots: Kickers 
Wand: Scorpius Malfoy's wand from The Cursed Child play

----

Spookmas at Hogwarts

SPOOKMAS AT HOGWARTS 
Hat and scarf: The Cursed Child Gryffindor merch 
Glasses: Theo 
Sweater: Modcloth 
Belt: ASOS 
Holster: etsy seller 
Mauraurder's map: The Noble Collection 
Skirt: Voodoo Vixen 
Leggings: UNIQLO 
Boots: Kickers 

---- 

Tacky Christmas Sweater Day 2020

TACKY CHRISTMAS SWEATER DAY 
Holly headband: H&M 
Glasses: Theo 
Sweater: H&M 

----

Dear Santa, can we negotiate?

DEAR SANTA, CAN WE NEGOTIATE? 
Hat: Primark 
Glasses: Theo 
Sweater: H&M 

----

The Ghost Challenge, but make it Christmas 

THE GHOST CHALLENGE, BUT MAKE IT CHRISTMAS 
Sunglasses: D&G 
Gryffindor cardigan: EMP (bought on large.be) 
Tablecloth: Dille & Kamille 
Skirt: Hell Bunny 
Tights: Teja Jamilla 
Shoes: sasha 
Ornament HEMA

----

It's a very Cthulhu ChristmasIt's a very Cthulhu Christmas  
CTHULHU CHRISTMAS 
Hat: thrifted/vintage 
Glasses: Theo 
Sweater: Fun dot com 
Skirt: Rock n' Roses (buyer beware, it's thin polyester and only looks good over a petticoat) 
Petticoat: Raven 
Tights: Teja Jamilla 
Boots: Kickers 
Cthulhu plushie: bought at a gamer store in London at least 15 years ago so I have no idea where to get one now 

----

THE COLOUR MUSTARD 
The hat is by Ordinary Owl, the sweater by Modcloth and my glasses are by Theo Eyewear. The wand is Nicholas Flamel's by The Noble Collection. The Christmas lights are by Maisons du Monde.

Photo of the day: 11.12.2020 

Outfit: 20.12.2020

Hat: Ordinary Owl 
Glasses: Theo 
Sweater: Modcloth 
Belt: EMP 
Skirt and leggings: UNIQLO 
Boots: Kickers

I did some commission cat portraits for my friend Claire, in return she got me donuts, as per my request :).

donut time! 

Here’s a photo of the other donut! 

Christmas donut time

Claire also did a way better job as presenting donuts than Bert and I did with ours (that we bought a few days later) because we just left them in the box.

Christmas donut time

Christmas donut time

Christmas donut time

----

And here’s two flatlays that didn’t make it into an actual outfit, but I still like how it came out! The collar clips are by Lumos pins, the polo shirt is from UNIQLO and the sweater is from Primark’s men’s section. The Wand is Theseus Scamander's by The Noble Collection. The berry decoration is by Maisons du Monde. You know where the glasses are from by now :').
Just an FIY, I wear/use all these things, I just haven't worn them in an outfit in this particular combo :).

Photo of the day: 4.12.2020 

I bought the Weasley sweater at Les 4 Maisons, it's a Wizarding World official merch one. Thats the advantage of having a name starting with a H, it's fairly easy to get an affordable Weasley sweater if you're not fussy about the colour. Would love to have a brown one with mustard letter though! Bert got me the Quidditch goggles somewhere online for Christmas and the wand is Scorpius Malfoy's from The Cursed Child play (the same one I used my vintage inspiderd Christmas witch outfit photo earlier in this post). The star lights are from HEMA and the other lights, as well as the pinecone string are from Maisons du Monde.

Photo of the day: 26.12.2020

----

I am a huge fan of mid-century catalogues, so I am using my Moleskine sketchbook to draw fashion spreads. For no other reason than the fact that I enjoy it. Plus, its good practise :). 
I use a Pentel P203 mechanical pencil (3mm lead) in B for sketching, which is my fave. For the gingerbread man I used Sennelier ink brushes, gansai, liquid acrylics by Vallejo and FW acrylic ink by Daler-Rowney. The washi tape is from various places, I tend to accumulate the stuff :).

Christmas fashion doodles

Christmas fashion doodles

Christmas fashion doodles

Christmas feels 

My friend Jess put me onto these little Krampus gingerbread man helpers. I painted her one too (on an actual watercolour postcard blank), because she loves them so much. 

Christmas presents :)

And lastly, the what I got for Christmas in dumpster fire year. 
Now this is by no means to brag, I just really like seeing these kinds of videos and it's an excuse to practise making videos myself. And we all know I NEED the practise. So yeah, if you want to see: this is what I got.


---- 

Find me online: 

---- 

Disclaimer: Google is trying to fob off a lot of their GDPR responsability by pretending the responsability to safeguard privacy is with bloggers. I can assure you that I don't collect ANY data on my followers or people that read this blog what so ever, so when it comes to this blog, it's entirely on google. I will continue to post links to secondary sites, I have no stake in this other than to provide my readers with a handy link, so if you worry about your data when you enter those sites, you'll have to take it up with them. I hope that helps!

 

 





  

2 comments:

  1. I love all of your coords, they look so cosy! Also now I need a Cthulhu sweater now that I know one exists!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much (sorry for the late reply, google isn't very good at notifying comments)! I can really recommend the Cthulhu sweater, it's very comfortable! :)
      Next year It think I might want to get the krampus one if they bring it back :D

      Delete