Thursday 24 December 2020

Cursed Christmas: an air kraken story

A little while ago, a challenge on instagram popped up called #cursedchristmas2020. 
Whilst I didn’t have the time to make 6 pieces of art on such short notice, I did have time to shoot some flatlays and make a little set of of photos featuring Candy Cane the air kraken. 
So here it is, my contribution to Cursed Christmas. 
If you like what you see, please give these photos a like on the gram, also :). Much appreciated!






Day 1: X-mas tree summoning (December 18) 
Candy Cane enlisted the aid of tiny Cthulhu to attempt to get a bigger and better Chrsitmas tree. Clearly they were none too pleased with the tree we have! Sadly for them, they’re a bit rubbish at summoning, and failed miserably.

Photo of the day: .12.2020

Photo of the day: 14.12.20 

Day 2: Christmas Creatures (December 19) 
Candy Cane herself! I actually made her myself a few years ago. I found this red and white yarn that made me think of candy canes, and I still regularly went to Artifakt steampunk meet ups where we were all into air krakens, so it seemed fun to have a Christmas kraken (and it still is!).

Photo of the day: .12.2020 

I had previously posted this photo of her on Instagram, which I think would have been a much nicer entry, but I didn’t think it was ok to take it offline and repost it. I can share it here though! :) 

Photo of the day: 30.11.2020 

Day 3: Wizard Santa (December 20) 
Candy Cane might be small, but that doesn’t stop her from trying to be an extra magical Santa! 

Photo of the day: .12.2020 

Day 5: Snow Spell (December 21) 
Candy Cane wanted snow for Yule/winter solstice and Christmas, so she enlisted the help of her sibling Cutethulhu, the OG air kraken (I bought him on etsy absolute AGES ago) to summon some snow. Knowing them, they’d probably summon the kind of infernal blizzard that lasts all winter, so they were swiftly convinced to go do something else with their time.

Photo of the day: .12.2020 

The kraken snowflake is actually made from a free snowflake papercrafts pattern by the London National History Museum. Clearly, I am very bad at making these things, but I think it came out nice enough for this photo anyway.

Photo of the day: 12.12.20 

Day 5: Magic Baking (December 22) 
I am terrible at baking, as you can no doubt tell from this photo. I nearly burned my latest batch of sugar cookies. Candy Cane and Bert think they taste nice regardless. I think they’re just being polite and extra nice, but it’s appreciated regardless! Don’t think I will do more baking any time soon though! 

Candy Cane and cookies

Day 6: It’s Christmas today (December 23) 
It’s not actually Christmas quite yet, but I was able to enlist the help of Kiwi-chan and so this photo happened :D. 
All hail Kiwi-chan, who deserves extra praise for not only patiently posing for photos, but who also did NOT try to shred or play with Candy Cane! 
And she didn’t even ask for a treat afterwards (she did get plenty though, she was so, so sweet!). 

Cursed Christmas day 6: It's Christmas

Whilst I am on the subject of air krakens, I knitted one for my friend Jess, she's called Popcorn and she has white markings and a heart on the back of her head :).

Popcorn the air kraken

Popcorn the air kraken

Should you see a thing you like in this post, prop wise, don’t hesitate to ask me where it’s from in a comment and I shall get back to you! :) 

---- 

Find me online: 

---- 

Disclaimer: Google is trying to fob off a lot of their GDPR responsability by pretending the responsability to safeguard privacy is with bloggers. I can assure you that I don't collect ANY data on my followers or people that read this blog what so ever, so when it comes to this blog, it's entirely on google.  I will continue to post links to secondary sites, I have no stake in this other than to provide my readers with a handy link, so if you worry about your data when you enter those sites, you'll have to take it up with them. I hope that helps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment