Wednesday 12 February 2020

The Adventures of Salem, Kiwi-chan and Joop Destroyer of Worlds #2 - Little Mikey

Photo of the day: 31.1.2020

After more than a month since ship out date (because yes, it got stuck in customs and yes, it was a lot of misery to get it out and delivered. Luckily, I was not charged, huzzah!), our kind regular postie rang my doorbell to hand me a package from Japan full of Monsters Inc goodies. 

But mostly Little Mikey's. 
Two from the Disney Store (one for my friend France, which is a birthday present and one for Joop because he steals) and one from Tokyo Disneyland for myself. 
As well as a Sulley headband. 
My friend Miwa had also kindly added some programs and a cute postcard.

Photo of the day: 11.2.2020 (day 42) 
Minus the one for France, because I safely packed that up right away. And it’s a good thing I did, because Joop mangled 2 out of 3 bags Miwa sent along (so the ones I was intended on keeping and reusing). Luckily they are biodegradable!

Now, I was super sick that day (I probably only woke from the doorbell because Joop slapped me in the face to wake me up because he heard it first, and our postie is so kind as to ring a few times and wait) and I had all three cats with me when I was opening the box. 
You can imagine there was quite a bit of enthusiasm. From the boys at least, Kiwi couldn't care less about a one eyed 4 legged monster teddy toy. 
Joop on the other hand...

Joop loves his new toy 

But once he realised Salem loved it much more than he did, he galantly handed it over. 

Photo of the day: 3.2.2020 (day 34) 

Salem loves it so much, in fact, that he even let me pet him and came to snuggle with me out of thanks once he had gotten his little paws on it. Considering Salem is generally pretty skittish and anti-social, that's a pretty big deal :). 
Sometimes he'll just come up to me, and ask if he can play with mine when his is with one of the other cats, or downstairs. 
He's always very careful with it, because he wants his toys to last. 
He’s also not in the habit of breaking someone else’s toys, hence I feel mine is pretty safe in his paws. 
I was sick in bed for nearly 2 weeks, with my own Little Mikey in bed with me, and Salem spent a lot of time playing with either his or mine on the bed.

Photo of the day: 5.2.2020 (day 36) 

Joop and Kiwi, of course, profited of me being in bed, because it meant they could be in bed too. 
Normally they're not allowed in the bedroom unattended because one of them peed on the bed a while back, so I think they actually liked me being sick. 
Even though they were pretty worried and following me around everywhere to make sure I was ok. But yeah, cats and toys, much cuteness :).

Photo of the day: 6.2.2020 (day 37) 

And whilst Kiwi-chan initially couldn’t care less about it, one of the boys (I suspect Joop) dropped it in the cardboard box in my studio. 
This box is widely regarded as Kiwi’s bed (but when she's napping somewhere else, Joop will sleep in it), and seeing it was in her bed, she has now claimed it as her own.

Photo of the day: 10.2.2020 (day 41) 

I suppose that next time I go to Tokyo Disney, I better bring a few more before they have an argument about it. 
Although the most likely outcome is that one of them will take it out when Kiwi isn’t in her bed box and she’ll go back to dragging one of the toy mice upstairs to cuddle with instead. 

Want to read some more of the cat's backstories? 
Click here for part one of this series!

---- 

Find me online: twitter - instagram - website ---- Disclaimer: Google is trying to fob off a lot of their GDPR responsability by pretending the responsability to safeguard privacy is with bloggers. I can assure you that I don't collect ANY data on my followers or people that read this blog what so ever, so when it comes to this blog, it's entirely on google.  I will continue to post links to secondary sites, I have no stake in this other than to provide my readers with a handy link, so if you worry about your data when you enter those sites, you'll have to take it up with them. I hope that helps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment