Monday 20 January 2020

The Adventures of Salem, Kiwi chan and Joop Destroyer of Worlds #1: an introduction

Photo of the day: 1.1.2020

Some of you might know that last November, Bert and I suddenly had to have our sweet Loa cat put to sleep. Long story short, he was misdiagnosed by a local vet (I wish you could have vets loose their licence to practise like with people, I will NEVER take another pet there again though!) and sadly he couldn't be helped anymore.


Photo of the day: 31.7.2019

Sleep well sweet boy :(

After a while, we decided to adopt another cat, and contacted the shelter in Mechelen, to adopt a young adult cat of about a year, year and half. We ended up adopting a brother and sister, because they had spent their entire lives together and we didn't want to separate them. And also, I had the feeling that Joop, who was suffering from PTSD pretty obviously, wouldn't find a home if we didn't take him in. It took some work, but now he's a big old cuddly tomcat, but he's still skittish with a lot of movements. Kiwi, however, took to her new home pretty much immediately, and is a real people cat.


Photo of the day: 5.12.2019

Kiwi chan. 
She was already called Kiwi in the shelter, and as she already knew her name, we decided to call her Kiwi chan. Because she looks like an anime cat with those big eyes. She will also make faces upon request :). 

Because she's a people cat, and Joop LOVES to play and ends up getting beat on by Kiwi for bothering her, we contacted the shelter where we got Loa from (Unco Jerry) and adopted Salem from them. Salem is a feral kitten (literally born in the wild) who is NOT into people at all (he'll come sit next to us, or join us on the bed, he'll come when he's called but he doesn't much like to be petted and that's fine). Him and Joop are pretty much inseparable.

boxed Joop

Joop Destroyer of Worlds. 
He was not named Joop but as he didn't know his name at all, he was fair game. Bert had been trying to name all our cats Joop (and failed miserably) so I said he could have a Joop Destroyer of Worlds. Considering Joops tnntency to steal our things and rampage like a loon, I feel like the Destroyer of Worlds part is apt haha. Even though he's a big old sweetheart really! 

Kiwi is well pleased because Joop doesn't bother her most of the time. Joop is well pleased because he has Salem to rampage around with, and Salem is pleased he's in a warm home with friends, food and people that accept his anti-social behaviour.

Photo of the day: 10.1.2020

Little Salem is about 8 months old now. He is a good cat, just not very social when it comes to humans. Personality wise, I feel like he is a lot like Shinto the iguana was, and that's ok. He will pose for a photo when requested though, come when called, hang out and play ball (he has this little fabric ball he loves, and he will ask to play regularly). 

So yeah, those are my cats now, having three cats officially makes me a crazy cat lady and that's ok with me. I am going to start this series to have a place where I can share their adventures, I don't care if people read them, but if you like cats, you might like following this series :).
They also have their own hashtag on instagram #adventuresofsalemkiwichanandjoopdestroyerofworlds so if you just want to look at pictures on there, that's the #to follow :).  

----


Find me online: 
twitter - instagram - website 

---- 

Disclaimer: Google is trying to fob off a lot of their GDPR responsability by pretending the responsability to safeguard privacy is with bloggers. I can assure you that I don't collect ANY data on my followers or people that read this blog what so ever, so when it comes to this blog, it's entirely on google. I will continue to post links to secondary sites, I have no stake in this other than to provide my readers with a handy link, so if you worry about your data when you enter those sites, you'll have to take it up with them. I hope that helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment