Tuesday 2 April 2019

Catch-up post: the Saturday of Made in Asia

GOOD THRU DATE live

A few years ago, Lora wrote a review of Made in Asia in BCM, addressing the overcrowding as the Crowd. 
A crowd so dense it deserves the capital C. 
This was definitely the return of the Crowd, and it sucked. 


Practically everything was massively over crowed. It took me 45 minutes (!!!!) to get food. And that’s the time from arriving at the food stand, queuing to order, queuing to get my order (it was total and absolute chaos) and then returning to the HIGHFeeL stand to have a spot to eat in peace and quiet. 
Whilst there were tables in the food truck hall, the halls Made in Asia took place in also had set food stands build into the actual venue. In the corridors… Which all had very limited seating. So unless you wanted to try and eat walking amidst masses of people inadvertently bumping into you, you needed to try and manoeuvre through the crowd to find a place to eat. I was lucky that I could access the backstage area of my friends’ stand, but many others were struggling, and that’s just not cool. I had gotten chicken nuggets with fries (or chips for my British readers) and bought an egg sandwich for Bert, because I knew that would still be nice cold. 
As there was NO WAY I could get that to him whilst it was still warm (he had stayed at the main stage after the GOOD THRU DATE concert to shoot other concerts and the cosplay competition and I didn’t want him to starve). 
The thing is, Comic Con Brussels the week before (post about that here) was also crowded, and yet it never felt claustrophobic or cluttered. Not even for me and I have pretty darn bad social anxiety. Sure, I was uncomfortable because my physical health was an issue, but mentally I was doing pretty well. 

Made in Asia, however, felt so overcrowded it was really grinding on my last nerve. It’s just really shit when it comes to accommodating crowds, to the point where it’s super unpleasant. A lot of people were being dicks too, which didn’t help. Basically, much like Friday, I only had a good time thanks to good music (still GOOD THRU DATE) and friends. 

Once again: PICTURES! Which are way better than me nagging :).

Made in Asia

Tetsuri is ready to rock (literally)

GOOD THRU DATE live

GOOD THRU DATE live

Fate Gear

Steampunk at Made in Asia

Photo of the day: 9.3.2019Photobooth fun with Aurélie

Photobooth fun with Bert 

Outfit: 9.3.2019 

Mandatory outfit shot (by Bert Van den Wyngaert) :). 
All my photos of Made in Asia 2019 are here :). 
And my day 1 post is here.

---- 

Find me online: 
twitter - instagram - website 

---- 

Disclaimer: Google is trying to fob off a lot of their GDPR responsability by pretending the responsability to safeguard privacy is with bloggers. I can assure you that I don't collect ANY data on my followers or people that read this blog what so ever, so when it comes to this blog, it's entirely on google. I will continue to post links to secondary sites, I have no stake in this other than to provide my readers with a handy link, so if you worry about your data when you enter those sites, you'll have to take it up with them. I hope that helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment