Monday 25 March 2019

Catch-up post: Comic Con Brussels

Comic Con Brussels

Sunday March 3, Bert and I went to Comic Con Brussels, which is one of our favourite events.
Comic Con Brussels 

We got there a little bit before the doors opened, and even though we had made good time on the roads, we lost about 15 minutes because some douche working the entrance REFUSED to let us park in the underground parking. 
Point blank refused and said we HAD to park on the outside area. 
Which had a massive queue. And as you had to pay as you got in, it took FOREVER. 
I’m really rather displeased with how this went, even though these are employees of Tour & Taxis and it’s not the organisation’s fault, it still sucked big time. We drive a Sköda that’s a few years old, but I can imagine that people with a fancy car forced to park outside would have been much more annoyed at the situation than we were. 

There was also a massive row of people waiting to get in, but thankfully we didn’t have to be in it as we had to go straight to the press desk, where we talked for a bit with the organiser manning it, got checked in and then we went for a bit of a wander. 
I really do love how people working Comic Con are so friendly!

Comic Con Brussels 

We found the photobooth pretty early on, and as no on was waiting, we got our picture taken. 
I can NOT resist a photobooth. 
Bert can, easily, but has no chance in hell to escape it when I’m around! :D

Outfit: 3.3.2019 

Afterwards we had a wander, and I found their photo set-up! 
Because people were just about to be let in, I asked Bert to take my outfit shot at the Mjölnir setup because now we had the chance :).

Comic Con Brussels 

After that, I ended up with the Whovians and Bert went on to take photos at the stages, figuring that I couldn’t get myself up in much trouble with some of my friends haha. 
Lora texted me, saying her and Tom were two hours earlier than originally planned, so I went to meet up with them, and together with Michiel (who build Dalek Steve and the TARDIS, I swear I wish I could build stuff as well as him!) we went to check out the event. Michiel had to return to the stand right after Maarten found us, and then Maarten disappeared, and I ended up vanishing because I had to have a sit down.

Comic Con Brussels

Comic Con Brussels

Comic Con Brussels

Comic Con Brussels

Comic Con Brussels 

Basically the rest of the day was composed of wandering, taking photos of stuff, hanging out, and repeat! :) I did go to get an autograph from Michelle Gomez, and ended up being an awkward blubbering idiot (as usual). I probably should have asked some of the Whovians to come with me for moral support, oops.

Comic Con Brussels 

I do feel that Comic Con Brussels has become victim of it’s own success. 
It IS an amazing event, there’s tons of things to see and do even if you’re not there for the merch or to cosplay. 
But the thing is that everyone knows this by now, meaning that it’s super, SUPER crowded. 
Not harsh crowded like FACTS used to get before everyone came to CCBX, but still, CROWDED. 
Although I have to say that crowd levels really went down around 2.30PM, so if you just want to go to shop and have a look around, go in the afternoon. 
It’ll mean you have less time at the con, but it won’t be nearly as busy and there’ll still be plenty of good merch left. 

Zero

I found an amazing Zero statue that was limited to 3000 copies (it was kinda pricy so maybe that’s why they still had two left) around 3PM, so yeah :). 

I definitely had a good time, despite the crowds, but I think next year I’ll take more breaks so I’m not quite as frazzled. 

To the people who I promised to send photos to: I swear I’ll get to it this week or the next! Promise! 

All my photos of the event are here :) 
There's a bunch more convention, steampunk and cosplay shots in that set ;)

---- 

Find me online: 
twitter - instagram - website 

---- 

Disclaimer: Google is trying to fob off a lot of their GDPR responsability by pretending the responsability to safeguard privacy is with bloggers. I can assure you that I don't collect ANY data on my followers or people that read this blog what so ever, so when it comes to this blog, it's entirely on google.  I will continue to post links to secondary sites, I have no stake in this other than to provide my readers with a handy link, so if you worry about your data when you enter those sites, you'll have to take it up with them. I hope that helps! 

1 comment:

  1. That Zero statue is gorgeous, I really miss going to Comic Con ... I don't think we're having one in Thailand this year, it's normally around April but nothing has been announced so I guess it's not happening this year, but I might have the chance when I'm back in the UK in July so we'll see xoxo

    ReplyDelete