Wednesday 27 March 2019

Catch-up post: the Friday of Made in Asia

Made in Asia 

The Friday of Made in Asia is notoriously the quietest day. 
We had kinda expected to be busier than it was, on account of it being a school holiday, but nope, still blissfully not overrun with people :).
The parking of Brussels Expo has become truly extortionate at €10 though. Come the F on, that’s not ok. Last year it was €6, which was reasonable still, but €10 is taking the piss. What’s it going to be next year? €15?

photobooth fun with Bert 

Rant about parking lot prices aside, Made in Asia was only marginally less of a shambles this year compared to last
They have been assimilated by Easyfairs, aka the FACTS conglomerate, and it showed. 
There were less vendors on both Made in Asia and it’s conjoined twin YouPlay! The free photo booths of the event, a staple for years and years and years, were gone. 
There was a promo one for another event, Asmodee had brought a really cool one to promote a new game of theirs and Mitsubishi had one as well. But that was that. 
Which for me personally, as a photo booth addict, that kinda blew but I did have a TON of fun with the Sneaky Cards one from Asmodee :). 

Basically, Made in Asia was same old, same old, and if it weren’t for good music (GOOD THRU DATE) and friends, it would have been a boring affair for sure. 

But enough of me complaining about Made in Asia, have some pictures instead :)

GOOD THRU DATE

Made in Asia 

Made in Asia

They were giving out these paper Pokémon visors. I grabbed the Pikachu one for a friend's daughter, but basically it at at the HIGHFeeL's stand for everyone's entertainment :). I saw some people with Eevee ones on Saturday, and tried to find one for my friend Clara, but alas, no luck! 

Made in Asia

Made in Asia

Made in Asia

Amai Tayaki being there was one of the few highlights of the convention, because it meant I could at least get delicious food. I'm glad I went there on Friday because on Saturday the Crowd for it was an absolute nightmare!

GOOD THRU DATE

Made in Asia

Made in Asia

Made in Asia 

---- 

Photo of the day: 12.3.2019 (day 71)

Made in Asia 

I bought some Japanese drinks from a vendor (who was super friendly btw, and had compostable/biodegradable bags to put purchases in!) and we all had a good time with the Coca-Cola Peach. 
To be honest, it tasted really sweet, but it was STILL better than the regular Monsanto Juice variant of the stuff. 
The watermelon drink, however, was delicious, 100% would buy again!

Outfit: 8.3.2019 

Mandatory outfit shot (by Bert Van den Wyngaert) :). 

All my photos of Made in Asia 2019 are here :). 

---- 

Find me online: 
twitter - instagram - website 

Disclaimer: Google is trying to fob off a lot of their GDPR responsability by pretending the responsability to safeguard privacy is with bloggers. I can assure you that I don't collect ANY data on my followers or people that read this blog what so ever, so when it comes to this blog, it's entirely on google. I will continue to post links to secondary sites, I have no stake in this other than to provide my readers with a handy link, so if you worry about your data when you enter those sites, you'll have to take it up with them. I hope that helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment