Friday 26 October 2018

Our last day in France

Château de Champs-sur-Marne

Last day of our France trip. Of castles and spirit jerseys!
Having slept so terribly the night before, I was understandably a little zombified on the morning of our last day in France. Regardless, I applied some of my emergency concealer (because I couldn’t deal with a proper make-up routine) and hoped for the best. We had been debating on what to do for the 3rd day, and couldn’t quite make up our mind. So stick with this post and find out what we ended up doing! I still felt really woozy, but regardless, I decided to go and eat toast for breakfast. And some yoghurt. Some light breakfast basically. Contrary to Bert, who always stuffs himself to the proverbial gills at an all you can eat breakfast (and yes, I know it’s unhealthy to eat that much and disturb your eating pattern but there you go. So does he btw). 

At this point, we STILL hadn’t decided what we wanted to do, and only having to leave the room at noon was probably not helping. We still had to pick up a few things at the U (supermarket), as his mum had asked to bring back her favourite alcohol free beer, which is only sold in France. Sadly, U wasn’t distributing the flavour she wanted, so Bert rang her and then bought another one she liked to try. Whilst I got some wet food for Loa. Shinto had been misbehaving a LOT lately, so I made good on my threat that I would NOT bring her anything back from France (yes, she was quite upset, but she has been misbehaving much, much better. People that think iguanas are dim-witted clearly have never met Shinto). 

Bert eventually decided that no, he did in fact not feel like driving to Amiens. Because last time we went to Amiens, it was hard to get both in and out of the town and he hadn’t looked up parking spaces and such and he felt that our usual one, smack in the city centre, would probably be full because it was Saturday. 
Instead we settle on going for a walk in the gardens of Champs-sur-Marne castle, and then drive to Disney Village for lunch and some shopping. Mostly so I could see about getting a black spirit jersey. I had said that we would have been better off leaving the car at the hotel (which was totally allowed, we were welcome to leave it there for the day) and take the RER to the Village and then do shopping, eat lunch, come back, pick up the car and stop by the castle on the way home. But Bert was all “no no, we’ll just take the car”. Which was absolutely fine to go to the castle (you can take a bus, but busses give me anxiety, and also, we don’t know which one and where and how frequently it goes, etc), but driving from the castle to the Village, well that was more than a little tricky, because the road signs were suck and the sat nav got confused.

Château de Champs-sur-Marne

Château de Champs-sur-Marne

Château de Champs-sur-Marne

Château de Champs-sur-Marne

Château de Champs-sur-Marne 

But that’s just the story of travel malaise, have some photos of the castle gardens first, which were rather pretty in autumn!

Day 9/31 days of Halloween 

Mandatory outfit shot :).
Even though I looked haggard like a zombie!

Road sign 

And then it was time to go to Disney Village!

parking lot 

We had figured that seeing DLP parking was €20 and the RER would be €18 for the both of us, it wouldn’t be much more expensive to park on the parking lot for the parks. We considered the Disney Village parking, but as it was a Vinci underground parking, and we didn’t find current prices for it and didn’t know whether there was space or not, we just went for the parks one. Which is now TWENTY FIVE EUROS for a day. WTF?! So next time, we shall DEFINITELY take the RER there and back, jeez! Being able to take extra photos of the parking area etc was not worth that extra cost! I did notice that security is much more chill in the afternoon. Which was nice. As I prefer friendly security to security in a foul mood. 

En route!

arriving at Disney Village

Halloween at Disney Village 

So we went straight to The Disney Fashion Store (at least I think it’s called that) and ‘lo and behold! Spirit jerseys! And here’s a little sizing advice. If you own a Boxlunch “hype” jersey (I don’t think they’re allowed to call theirs spirit jerseys as spirit jersey is a registered trademark), you need to go down a size in Disney ones, and then it’ll be the exact same size. If you have an official Disney one, and you want a Boxlunch one, size up! 
I had seen a Haynes video where she was saying she got her Hocus Pocus Spelltacular jersey in a small, so I had a medium and a small in my hands when I went and tried them on. 
And of course, I left the fitting room to ask if Bert could grab me an XS and let the door fall shut behind me. You can totally open the door from the inside out. But not from the outside out, so a cast member had to come unlock it again. I was apologising a lot about bothering her, but she was immediately jesting about it and told me it was fine, because it happens ALL the time. Typical me, but at least I knew better now haha. And I’m putting it here so you guys all know too! It wasn’t busy at all when we were there, but it could be a little annoying if it was super crowded. The XS fit me a lot better around the body, BUT the leaves were the same kind of oversized, so it just looked ridiculous. Whereas the small just looked the kind of ridiculously oversized these things are supposed to look. Small is what I went with in the end I do feel that the cut of the Boxlunch ones is rather a little more flattering than the official Disney ones, but that’s a matter of personal preference. 
I will say, I would have liked it BETTER had the black DLP one been black on black, with black glitter letters. So basically the all black version of their all pink one :). I do like spirit jerseys, because they are so comfortable to wear, and they go with nothing, meaning you can wear them with EVERYTHING and just own the look :).

World of Disney

World of Disney

World of Disney

World of Disney 

By that time, I was STARVING, so we went to Earl of Sandwich. Even though they are a little pricy, I really like the food there. And as I can never finish all of it, especially not when my stomach is still a little fragile, I just eat the smallest part (they cut it in two) and keep the larger one. Because at ONE point, Bert will get hungry, and he won’t have food and then he can just eat the rest. (I am very well prepared for these situations most of the time). Once we had food, we did a little more shopping. I bought some more Christmas presents for friends, and a thing for Cate. Which I NEED to go send her!

Halloween in Disney Village

Halloween at Disney Village

Halloween at Disney Village 

Some more photos, just because :) 

see you next year! 

And then it was time to leave, because that way we’d still be home at a decent hour in the evening (we got home between 8 and 9PM). Which may seem a little lame, but we were going to be out all day on Sunday as well to go to Brussels for Hotei, so it made sense. Especially because I was super tired, so an early-ish night definitely did me a world of good! 

Click here, for the first day of our trip in Paris. 
Click here, for the second day, a full day in Disneyland Paris 
And click here for ALL of our trip photos, or here if you just want to see Disney photos :). 

---- 

Find me online: 
twitter - instagram - website 

---- 

Disclaimer: Google is trying to fob off a lot of their GDPR responsability by pretending the responsability to safeguard privacy is with bloggers. I can assure you that I don't collect ANY data on my followers or people that read this blog what so ever, so when it comes to this blog, it's entirely on google.  I will continue to post links to secondary sites, I have no stake in this other than to provide my readers with a handy link, so if you worry about your data when you enter those sites, you'll have to take it up with them. I hope that helps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment