Tuesday 30 October 2018

Catch-up post: The World of Tim Burton

C-mine

Yes, this is a massive catch-up post. And heck, the review is in the current edition of BCM (#37) so heck, it’s a lot of catching up. But hey, this expo is still running, and I feel that it's a post right in time for Halloween tomorrow! :)

C-mine 

Back in August, Bert and I went to the see The World of Tim Burton at C-mine. C-mine in Genk is worth the visit in itself if you love steampunk, because with all the old mining machinery, it’s a steampunk dream. As I love both steampunk AND Tim Burton, I was totally in my element. I should have dressed MORE steampunk, the outfit shot would have been epic. Sadly, I didn’t, and it is how it is! 

Outfit: 23.8.2018

But yeah, we visited the expo, and in most of it photos weren’t allowed. So we just took lots of photos in the parts that we could shoot in.  The expo itself was pretty amazing. 

The World of Tim Burton

I loved seeing all the art, and how varied it was. There were short films, music videos, art, props, sculptures, and giant instant camera photos. I still would like to know where I find an instant camera that makes A2 sized photos. I’d love to try my hand at that. Bert hopes I will never find out of course, I can’t blame him haha. Luckily for him, it’s not a particularly active search :). 

Tim Burton Café

Tim Burton Café 

We had lunch at the Tim Burton café, which was very cute, BUT if you have food allergies, be VERY careful, as they are a little rubbish when it comes to listing ingredients. So I just had a honey speculaas waffle, which was definitely safe. Bert had proper food though. There is also a miner’s café downstairs, which is the regular one. So you can probably find something to eat there.

The World of Tim Burton 

I had expected to spend some stuff at the gift shop, but in the end I only bought a card for my friend Zombie Sam. Because the merch was either way too expensive for what it was, or stuff I just didn’t want. 

If you are a Tim Burton fan, I would absolutely recommend seeing this exhibition whilst you still can, if you haven’t already! 

All my photos are here

---- 

Find me online: 
twitter - instagram - website 

---- 

Disclaimer: Google is trying to fob off a lot of their GDPR responsability by pretending the responsability to safeguard privacy is with bloggers. I can assure you that I don't collect ANY data on my followers or people that read this blog what so ever, so when it comes to this blog, it's entirely on google. I will continue to post links to secondary sites, I have no stake in this other than to provide my readers with a handy link, so if you worry about your data when you enter those sites, you'll have to take it up with them. I hope that helps!

3 comments:

  1. This place looks amazing, i can't believe I've not even heard of it. The sand worm from Beetlejuice looks amazing.
    In the spirit of Halloween i'll watch a few Burton films and Coraline.
    Happy Halloween :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Halloween!
      Well, it's a traveling exhibition, so hopefully you'll be able to see it near you soon :)
      I don't know where it's going next, but I'm sure that once it's decided it'll be really well advertised :)

      Delete
    2. Also, Coraline is amazing, I love that movie!

      Delete