Sunday 7 May 2017

The week in photos: 1-7/5/2017

May the Fourth be with you! 

Discover why Loa cat is making a face like this. And other photographic adventures,


Photo of the day: 1.5.2017 (day 121) 

Day 121: Monday, May 1 2017 
Canon EOS 700D camera with 18-55mm Canon lens 
Life is like singing a song you haven't rehearsed. 

---- 

Tsum Tsum Tuesday/Photo of the day: 2.5.2017 (day 122) 

Tsum Tsum Tuesday/Day 122: Tuesday, May 2 2017 
Canon EOS 700D camera with 18-55mm Canon lens 
I have no excuse other than that I felt like it :). 

Outfit: 2.5.2017 

Outfit of the day, by Bert Van den Wyngaert 
Hairband: Veritas 
Glasses: Theo 
Cardigan: Primark 
Blouse: H&M 
Skirt: made it myself 
Petticoat: Dear Celine 
Tights: H&M 
Sneakers: Converse 

Day 34/100 days of make-up in 2017 

Day 34/100 days of make-up in 2017, photo also by Bert 
EYES: 
- Barry M, Illuminating Highlighting Palette in Frosty Cream 
- M.A.C, in extreme dimension lash mascara/work it out in Muscle Tee 
- M.A.C, pro longwear concealer in NC20
- NYX, eye shadow base in skin tone 
- TonyMoly, Panda's Dream So Cool Eye Stick 
- Too Faced, Chocolate Bon Bons palette in Pecan Praline, Café au Lait and Earl Grey 
FACE: 
- Barry M, Illuminating Highlighting Palette in Iced Pink 
- M.A.C, strobe cream 
- Too Faced, Hangover Primer 
- Too Faced, Love Flush blush in Baby Love 
- Too Faced, Love Lights primastic highlighter in Blinded by the Light 
LIPS: 
- M.A.C, lipstick in Film Noir 
- Weleda, Everon lip balm 

---- 

Photo of the day: 3.5.2017 (day 123) 

Day 123: Wednesday, May 3 2017 
Canon EOS 700D camera with 18-55mm Canon lens 
It was Rosa's (Bert's nan) birthday, so I got her this super silly card. She laughed so much, thought it was totally hilarious. Which I knew she would, I got it just because of that :).

Outfit: 3.5.2017 

Outfit and makeup shots by Bert Van den Wyngaert. 

Outfit of the day! Obviously I'm aware that Star Was Day is on May 4, but I couldn't resist starting already! Probably a good thing because Bert was under the weather and we had a family affair the next day. It was pre-emptive because I knew I'd probably not get an outfit shot on Star Wars Day. 
Glasses: Theo 
Wrap: UNIQLO (two way stole) 
Polo shirt: UNIQLO Japan x Star Wars 
Shorts: H&M 
Tights: Insua 
Sneakers: customised them myself (one has Darth Vader's face on it outlined in copper)

Day 35/100 days of make-up in 2017 

Day 35/100 days of make-up in 2017. 
I calculated that I have to do at least 2 make-up shots every week to get to 100 by the end of the year. So I'm trying to get in at least three just to be on the safe side. 
I'm going to do 31 days of Halloween, but you know, intentions and reality might not match up. BROWS: 
- M.A.C, brow sculpt in Cork (which is actually the exact same colour as my hair, go figure) 
EYES: 
- M.A.C, eye shadow in Amber Lights and Coppering 
- M.A.C, technakohl liner in Brass Band 
- M.A.C, zoom to go mascara in Beets Me 
- NYX, eye shadow base in skin tone 
- NYX, ultimate shadows palette in Brights, nr 1 
- Too Faced, Chocolate Bon Bons palette in Divinity and Bordeaux 
FACE: 
- Benefit, Porefessional primer 
- M.A.C, strobe cream 
- Model Co, BLUSH powder in Peach Bellini 
 - NYX, Duo Chrome Illuminating Powder in Twilight Tint 
LIPS: 
- NYX, Cosmic Metals in Speed of Light 
- NYX, Wicked lippies in Wrath 
- Rimmel x Kate Moss, lip balm 

---- 

May the Fourth be with you! 

Day 124: May the Fourth be with you! 
Canon EOS 700D camera with 18-55mm Canon lens 
It's Star Wars Day, Loa was cooperative, huzzah! 

Day 36/100 days of make-up in 2017 

Bert was still under the weather, so I selfied day 36/100 days of make-up in 2017 with my DSLR :). EYES: 
- M.A.C, eye shadow in Amber Lights and Gorgeous Gold 
- M.A.C, in extreme dimension lash mascara/work it out in muscle tee 
- M.A.C, technakohl liner in Brass Band - M.A.C, pro longwear concealer in NC20 
- NYX, eye shadow base in skin tone 
- Too Faced, Chocolate Bon Bons in Divinity 
 - Too Faced, Natural Eyes in Nudie, Push-Up and Honey Pot 
FACE: 
- Benefit, Porefessional primer 
- essence, blossom dreams rainbow highlight in prism of light 
- M.A.C, extra dimension skin finish in Beaming Blush 
- Too Faced, Sweet Peach Glow blush and bronzer 
LIPS: 
- NYX, wicked lippies in Wrath 
- Rimmel x Kate Moss, lip balm 

---- 

Photo of the day: 5.5.2017 (day 125) 

Day 125: Friday, May 5 2017 
Canon EOS 700D camera with 18-55mm Canon lens 
Under normal circumstances I avoid Monsanto juice like the plague, but I couldn't resist giving this a go. I figured it'd be pretty foul, but it was actually surprisingly good. Would drink again. But not too often, because I despise funding Monsanto (even through subsidiaries as would be the case here). 

---- 

Free Comic Book Day at Mekanik Strip 

Day 126: Saturday, May 6 2017 
Canon EOS 700D camera with 18-55mm Canon lens 
It was Free Comic Book Day at Mekanik Strip (well it was all across the world, but we always go to the celebrations at Mekanik) in Antwerp, Belgium. 
I will post more about this in a blog post next week :). 

Outfit and make-up shot, both super derpy, oops! 
Taken at the cool wall at the Antwerp UNIQLO store :) 
 Both by Bert Van den Wyngaert. 

Outfit: 6.5.2017 

Hat: Disney Store US 
Glasses: Theo 
Cardigan: Primark 
T-shirt: Teefury 
Bag: Fossil 
Skirt: made it myself 
Petticoat: Dear Celine 
Tights: Teja Jamilla 
Batman sneakers: Converse 
Accessories: handmade, Han Cholo, Skullery, Roxy

Day 37/100 days of make-up 

Day 37/100 days of make-up in 2017 
BROWS: 
- M.A.C, brow sculpt in Cork 
EYES: 
- M.A.C, eye shadow in Amber Lights and Coppering 
- M.A.C, zoom to go mascara in Beets Me 
- M.A.C, technakohl liner in Brass Band 
- M.A.C, pro longwear concealer in NC20 
FACE: 
- essence, blossom dreams rainbow highlighter in prism of light 
- NYX, Duo Chrome Highlighting Powder in Twilight Tint 
- Too Faced, Hangover Primer 
 - Too Faced, Love Flush blush in Baby Love 
LIPS: 
- M.A.C, lipstick in Violetta 
- Weleda, Everon lip balm 
Funny story about the Violetta. Before I left I had taken along what I thought was Antique Velvet (you have know all M.A.C lipsticks that are regular edition look exactly the same packaging wise, so if you don't open them up, you could, like I did, screw up). On the train, when I wanted to do my lipstick, I realised that I had accidently taken Violetta instead. I also had Meow by Winkly Lux with me, and ended up letting Bert choose, and he picked Violetta. So there you go: moral of the story, double check a M.A.C lipstick before you leave the house. 

---- 

Photo of the day: 7.5.2017 (day 127) 

Day 127: Sunday, May 7 2017 
Canon EOS 700D camera with 18-55mm Canon lens 
New make-up I got this week. 
All pretty inexpensive. 
M.A.C stuff was free shipping + free travel/sample size mascara last weekend (and that's my fave black mascara, so I placed 3 orders spread over three days last weekend, I regret nothing!). 
Spectrum had 20% off for their birthday.
essence is just cheap full stop. 
The Yves Rocher bronzer was 40% launch action. 
And Bert was kind enough to buy me another spare can of Ambre Solaire SPF 50 "don't mess with your make-up" face spray. 
 So yeah, lots of stuff for not a lot of money. 
But I definitely won't be buying more make-up this month now, unless I am running out of something.

No comments:

Post a Comment