Wednesday 29 April 2020

Comic Con Brussels in photos

It has dawned on me that I have completely forgotten to write a piece about when I went to Comic Con Brussels. Which was probably the last convention in Belgium that happened for the forseeable future. Bert and I went on Sunday (February 23). So yeah, here be convention pictures! :)


I always love browsing for steampunk stuff.

Comic Con Brussels

Portrait of a cosplayer.

Comic Con Brussels

Cool handpainted dishes.

 Comic Con Brussels

I think next time I will buy some kind of sign from this guy, he always has such neat designs!

 cool signs

I'm not sure what this gun is from, but it sure looks cool!

 cool gun

A Mike Wazowski statue I did not buy.
I kinda regret it, but at the event I decided against it because I worried the cats would just break the arms off.
Turns out that wasn't such a bad train of thought because I have absolutely run out of space in my display case, so wouldn't have had anywhere to put him safely!
Still too bad though, it's a really neat figurine.

 Mike Wazowski

Stormtroopers come in all sizes, and that's cool.

Stormtroopers

She was such a cute Harley!


Harley Quinn

I always love visiting the Star Wars model display area.




Millennium Falcon

Yuko of Amai Taiyaki. I usually get Bert and I's lunch there (this time was no different) and I always take photos at the stand.

Yuko

Siebren and Bert.

Photo of the day: 23.2.2020 (day 54)

How cool is this Poison Ivy!

Poison Ivy

Love these punny mugs.
I will have to get the Patronus one next time!
And maybe the Sirius one too for Bert.
Not that I ever drink expresso, but gotta love a good pun.

cool home wares

To-to-ro, Totoro :)
I love Totoro, My Neighbor Totoro is my favourite Studio Ghibli film.

Totoro

Michiel of the Belgian Whovians U.N.I.T.E.D as the Brigadier

Michiel

Batman Beyond is still my favourite animated Batman setting.
Closely followed by The Brave and the Bold.
For those curious, my all time favourite Batman is still Adam West's :D.

Batman

I LOVED these clock bags, but I had decided I had spent enough money at that point, AND I wanted to find out more about them online first.
They are super cool, with working clocks, but in the end I decided I was going to invest in a more vintage style bag that is a little more classic (and alas also pricier) from Beara Beara so it goes with literally everything.
I may sound all reasonable now, but just watch me cave for one of these before 2021 is over.

clock bags

My oufit :). This is probably my favourite outfit from all of this year :).
(if you want to see more of my outfits, I have a Lockdown Lookbook post, and an outfit tag, but the lookbook is much more organised).

outfit: 23.2.2020


You can't see my pauldron (and I really LOVE my pauldron) in the outfit shot, so here's a photo where you can see it.
I shamelessly stole this off Bert's camera, hence the weird lighting. He would NEVER have let this fly had he had a chance to edit it, but I like it this way.

Me at Comic Con Brussels

Alas, I am still not worthy to pick up Mjölnir!
Probably for the best though, I don't think I would have enjoyed lugging him around all day. It would not have fit in my bag!

Come on Mjölnir!

My haul :)
I had set out to really shop for Monsters University and Monsters Inc stuff and wow, Comic Con Brussels did NOT disappoint!
I had NOT expected to find this many things, especially not that rare Hot Toys Monsters University Mike and Sulley figure, which was mint in box!
But I sure am glad I did :).


Photo of the day: 24.2.2020 (day 55)

I also got Bert a bag of peanut butter M&Ms, but of course that was gone by the time I made my haul photo the next day. And some pins for his collection. A Frozen and a Rapunzel one I believe :).

Now for a little review.
Obviously I love all the Monsters stuff, I woudn't have bought it otherwise.
The Expresso Monster was EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING and NOT WORTH the whopping €5 I paid for it.
Normally I don't even spend that much for a drink but I REALLY wanted to try it. SO DISAPPOINTING.
It just tasted like foul, cold badly made latte.
URGH!
Bert also thought it was FOUL, so we will NEVER be buying this again.
Or any other from the Monster coffee range.
I'll just get more melon soda and Butterbeers thank you very much.
I could have gotten TWO MORE MELON SODAS FOR THAT FIVER!
GAH!
I have been wanting to try the Butterscotchbeer (because Butterbeer is a trademark I suppose) for years, but always put it off because generally you have to buy it in fours.
This time I found a seller that sold them separately so I figured I'd give it a go. Turns out that I wouldn't have minded 4 haha.
I really quite liked it!
I don't understand why there's stevia in it AND cane sugar though. I guess it's a flavour thing?

Melon soda, I LOVE melon soda.
I would drink it every single day if I could. Watermelon soda, fizzy, non fizzy, bring it.
Gib!


I am not expecting a convention to happen before September, as all festivals have been cancelled, so I can't see cons happening. But at least this one happened, which was awesome!
A bit too busy, but still awesome :).

All my photos from the event, and the previous editions I've been to as well, are here :).

----

Find me online:
twitter - instagram

---- 

Disclaimer: Google is trying to fob off a lot of their GDPR responsability by pretending the responsability to safeguard privacy is with bloggers. I can assure you that I don't collect ANY data on my followers or people that read this blog what so ever, so when it comes to this blog, it's entirely on google. I will continue to post links to secondary sites, I have no stake in this other than to provide my readers with a handy link, so if you worry about your data when you enter those sites, you'll have to take it up with them. I hope that helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment