Wednesday 9 October 2019

31 days of Halloween, day 9: adventures in Disneyland Paris - part 3

Ready for Halloween fun

On our final day in the park, we once again got up at 6.30.
And discovered that the bath tub drain had really given the ghost so showering wasn’t a very pleasant experience (if you stay in a Disney hotel and there’s an issue, don’t leave a note for housekeeping, no matter how polite, just go to reception and report it). But we lived :). 
Bert had breakfast in our room, but I wanted some pastries from Starbucks, so we stopped in the Cheyenne one on the way to the Disneyland Park, where there was a much shorter queue than I had expected! 
I got a pain au chocolate and a croissant, which were both super fresh, but alas no pumpkin spice for they had run out. So I drank water I had brought instead.

Disneyland Hotel

Just like the previous days, security was pretty chill, which was nice. 
And we got into the park just as EMH had started. 
Normally I would really recommend people go for EMH if they have it available to them, but this time, it just felt like we could have slept for an hour longer. Very few shops were open, only Stitch was meeting guests (other years there were a handful of characters available) and hardly any rides were open. I think maybe 5 in the entire park? Which meant that I took more photos.

Halloween on Main Street USA

Halloween on Main Street USA

Halloween on Main Street USA

Halloween on Main Street USA

Halloween on Main Street USA 

I had decided to do my shopping the last day we had a look around stores deciding what to get later. 
Bert got a set of pins for himself (princess ones because he collects Rapunzel), he’s still deciding whether to keep the set as a whole or try and trade the other 3 for more Rapunzel pins. I got a cute Chip and Dale keychain for my backpack. I wanted to get a mug to use as a pen/brush holder, and I saw a cool UP one that wasn’t ridiculously overpriced (like the Poison Apple mug I promised Claire I’d pick up for her). I was going to leave mugs for later, because they’re heavy and breakable, so I left that where it was for the time being.

Bert's Christmas princess pins

Chip and Dale keychain 

The weather was nice and Frontierland was open, so we wanted to go there for outfit shots with some of the cool Coco skeletons that were right at the back in Cotton Creek. Sadly, that area of the land hadn’t opened yet. We did ponder riding Big Thunder Mountain, which had a 5 minute wait, but as I got really quite sick last time I rode it, I decided against it in the end.

Big Thunder Mountain 

Instead we went to the castle to see Sleeping Beauty Gallery. Which is really pretty with all the stained glass windows and tapestries.

Maleficent and Diablo

tapistry 

Star Tours wasn’t open yet, due some technical issues, so we went and met Vader first. 

discussing the state of the galaxy with Vader 

Just as we got into the Vader queue, we saw Star Tours opening, so we went there straight after. Great timing! Star Tours is always awesome, we should have gone on it all three days! I don’t know why we didn’t actually!

R2D2

REX 

I can't wait for Galaxy's Edge in Disneyland Paris to open so REX can regale us all with his DJ skills :) 

I can never resist having a gander in Star Traders, and I found an utterly ridiculous fake fur Chewbacca character hat, which makes me look like I have a really weird hairdo because the fake fur is so close to my own hair colour. I will happily admit it was an impulse buy and I didn’t think it through what so ever! Which I should have, but no one is perfect! 

Walking around Discoveryland, Bert pointed out he was hungry, so we went onto Main Street to find him food. He wanted a sandwich, but the Deli didn’t serve them ‘till 11 (it was 10.50 at the time) so I suggested to meet Goofy first, and then go back. 
The very friendly attendant CM gave me a return ticket for 10.55, which worked out perfect because it meant that Bert could first have food, we could go to the meet and greet and then find a spot for the first Mickey’s Halloween Celebration. Excellent, so that’s what we did. Well, we did quickly get that UP mug in the Emporium before the meet and greet, but we got there nice and on time so all good! 

Halloween on Main Street USA

With Goofy Bon Bons 

The blur was real with the photopass photographer! 

We had a really good spot for the parade, right opposite the castle (no clue why we didn’t go there for the actual parade the day before mind!). Most excellent!

Mickey's Halloween Celebration

Mickey's Halloween Celebration

Mickey's Halloween Celebration 

After the parade, I was hungry, and as there isn’t that much time between Halloween parades/cavalcades/whatever it is I decided to just get chicken strips in Adventureland. We had discovered a place that sold them not far from Central Plaza the day before whilst wandering, so that worked out great. This duck suddenly showed up and begged for food, I swear next trip I’m packing a bag of bird seed! 

Adventureland Disney duck 

We found a spot for the second viewing (frankly I feel the cavalcade should go at least 4 times a day, it’s so good, I don’t know why it doesn’t, other seasonal parades do!) and took more photos. 

Mickey's Halloween Celebration

Mickey's Halloween Celebration 

I actually have two ghost art pieces from the Phantom Manor float ghosts up in yesterday's post, if you guys want to see them :) 

Before going to Le Coffre du Capitaine to pick up Claire’s poison apple mug like I promised I would (you owe me €15,30 Claire!). When I came out of the store, I saw someone with an Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket so I asked where they got it. As we wanted to go to Frontierland anyway, it wasn’t a detour to go have a look. 

But first: outfit shot time! (which is my day 9/31 days of Halloween) 
The afternoon light was really harsh and pretty bad for picture taking, but I still like how this came out! 
Hat: UNIQLO kids 
Glasses: Theo 
Jacket: Banana Moon (thrifted though) 
Cardigan: H&M 
Top: Walt Disney World 
Bag: Disney Store France 
Bag charms: Tokyo Disney 
Skirt: made it myself 
Petticoat: Dear Celine
Tights: Teja Jamilla 
Spats: made them myself 
Boots: Kickers 

Outfit: 2.10.2019 

After that, we resumed the search for Oogie Boogie. And of course, once I saw it out, I had to have one. Mind you, it’s good that I did, because once my Halloween shelf in my studio is full, it’s full, and I HAVE to stop buying stuff (I’m really good at enforcing such things upon myself).

Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket 

Bert had been looking to buy a Rapunzel statue, and he didn’t find out he wanted at Harrinton’s. So I suggested to go have a look at the store of the Disneyland Hotel, because I knew they also sell these things. Sadly, they either had the same ones as Harrington’s, or the finish was just sloppy. So we didn’t get one. 

Disneyland Hotel 

The store selling art in Disney Village didn’t have one we wanted either, but a kind CM was nice enough to measure the Rapunzel painting Bert liked so we can double check whether we have a good space for it in our new home or not. Better to check these things BEFORE buying, after all.

Halloween at Disney Village 

I had been warned, pretty thoroughly, by a fellow Disney fan on twitter (Arvid I think he’s called) about the Starbucks at Disney Village. Arvid, you were RIGHT! When we walked in there was a massive queue which didn’t seem to move. There was a staffer walking past though, so I asked him if they still had pumpkin spice. He just gawked at me and said “I don’t know, you’ll have to queue and find out”. *insert my less than impressed face here*. I politely asked if he could please find out for me. He just gave me a look that literally spoke “yeah right”, sneered at me and said “no you’ll have to queue and find out”. I just smiled, said thank you, bade him a good day and walked out. Because frankly, that’s the kind of shit I will not put up with. I’m willing to get out my seat and queue if I have to, but I’m not willing to spend half an hour or more for potentially nothing. Especially not when staff is rude for no reason. 

So we checked the Starbucks in Santa Fe instead, where there was literally no one in the queue, where the baristas were both absolute sweethearts, and where they hadn’t run out of pumpkin spice yet. And where they were happy to make me a coffee free pumpkin spice frappucino. MUCH BETTER!

Bert at Starbucks

Starbucks Halloween

Starbucks Halloween 

And here are some Santa Fe scenery photos!

Hotel Santa Fe scenery

Hotel Santa Fe scenery

Hotel Santa Fe scenery 

We did quickly pop into reception, where I told the nice gentleman at the info desk about the bathtub drain, so hopefully the next people in the room wouldn’t have to deal with it, and he wrote it down and said he’d contact maintenance. But he also said “oh we have 1000+ rooms in total, so there’s always something, but still, it’s really kind of you to mention it.”. He also gave me a button, so I have one to trade. If anyone has a Pirates and Princesses one they want to trade for a Halloween one, hit me up!

stuffs 

Sadly, our very last moments at Disney were the absolute WORST
Driving off the Santa Fe property, past the guard post, the traffic light to go onto the road switched from green to red. No problem right, Bert stops for it, neatly like one should. And we wait for it to turn green again. 
Then an official DLP shuttle bus shows up behind us, and the driver is not pleased by Bert abiding traffic law. He starts making the obstruction sound (which is a beeping noise rather than a car horn). 
It’s red, so Bert doesn’t move. He beeping becomes more incessant. Bert still doesn’t move. 
The bus edges closer, and the beeping is really loud and annoying now. I signal at the red light. Bus edges even closer and the driver starts full on honking. Aggressively, whilst edging his bus closer. It was super stressful, and frankly I was terrified, because this aggressive bus driver is flipping out behind us simply because we are stopped in front of a RED light. 
In the end we were both so worried (and I was frankly terrified and getting a panic attack) that he’d bump the car or get out and be physically aggressive, that Bert ended up going through the red, in a potentially dangerous situation because there’s quite a few other cars on the road (luckily none were near enough to cause a collision!) because a lunatic driver on DLP’s payroll forced us out on the road because he didn’t want to wait for a red light. Which is dangerous and illegal. 
And also blatant proof he has zero regard for safety of his passengers or traffic rules, because he went through the red also, and he would have ran it immediately if he hadn’t been held up by our car! 
And yes, I did alert DLP about this, in public, on twitter. 
When I sniped about them being unresponsive, they tried to move the matter to DM, which I really wasn’t having because I’m not one of those obsessed fans happy to swipe whatever DLP BS under the rug. 
This was dangerous, this was illegal, and people deserve to know that at least one driver on DLPs payroll is a dangerous lunatic. 
 /end rant 

On the way home, we stopped at a road stop which had a PAUL and a small supermarket, so we got a bretzel to eat and some snacks and drinks for the car. We got home around 10PM; to much fouler and colder weather than it had been at Disneyland Paris, making us want to go straight back haha. 
We had a really good time, and I hope our next trip (not sure when that’ll be) will be just as fun :). 

mirror selfie 

---- 

If you wonder what I'm getting up to this Halloween, all of it, have a look at this set on my flickr page :). 
All of my Disneyland Paris photos from this trip are here

And here are day 1 and day 2 of the trip :).

Find me online:
twitter - instagram - website 

---- 

Disclaimer: Google is trying to fob off a lot of their GDPR responsability by pretending the responsability to safeguard privacy is with bloggers. I can assure you that I don't collect ANY data on my followers or people that read this blog what so ever, so when it comes to this blog, it's entirely on google.  I will continue to post links to secondary sites, I have no stake in this other than to provide my readers with a handy link, so if you worry about your data when you enter those sites, you'll have to take it up with them. I hope that helps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment