Monday 7 October 2019

31 days of Halloween, day 7 - just three primary colours and some India ink

Day 7/31 days of Halloween

For this day, I would like to talk about how awesome and kind the good people of Sennelier are. 
But first I'm going to share some art that I made with the three colours that were in the l' Aquarelle sample pack: Sennelier Yellow Light, Quinacridon Red and Cinereous Blue. 


That's the one I did last, with just some ink (sadly not the Sennelier Pagode one because I'm using up my Talens India ink first) and the three colours, no mixing. 

The first thing I did was make this doodle though, to get a feel for the colours and how they mixed. Just like all other Sennelier colours I own, they are so amazingly smooth and vibrant to paint with, and super easy to mix! Love them! This one was done on Clairefontaine Paint On mixed media paper. I got an A5 block of it (this is the smooth white paper) for free with my last order from Le Gèant des Beaux Arts. It's alright, but definitely not my favourite paper, and I wouldn't actually go out and buy the stuff, but I enjoy having it and using it for test pieces and swatch cards and such :).

just a doodle 

And then I did a little inktober ghost painting, with a lot of mixed colours. 
I am definitely using that purple for another portrait painting I just set up at school! 
This one, as well as the other ghost girl portrait, is done on Maruman Zuan paper, which I enjoy working on a lot. 
 I editted the background on both ghost paintings, because the lighting in my house was really bad and the photo I took of both works and the ink did not get along. I didn't muck around with the rest of it though!

inktober ghost 

But yeah, so much love for Sennelier right now, I am very grateful to them! 
And here's a little story time because I figure you guys might wonder how in the blazes I managed to get my class a box of samples from them :). 
Sennelier kindly agreed to send me a big box of samples of their products to share with my painting class. Which is awesome, because I love Sennelier (I use their shellac inks and watercolours all the time) and it was amazing to be able to share them with my friends in school! 
I'm sure you can all imagine how happy I was when I came home from France Wednesday evering to a GIANT box of nearly 9 kilos (8,86!) of art supplies! 
It was really hard to keep it closed 'till the next class so I could unbox it together with Line (my teacher) but I succeeded. 
Mind you, we are the WORST unboxers ever, and we just about turned the camera off in time to spare you all from the squeeling and other incoherent happy sounds haha. It could have been worse! 
(Link to the video in case Flickr decides the embed isn't working, as it is very flaky!) 

unboxing Sennelier goodness in class 

And here's some photos :)

soft pastels

oil pastels

Sennelier goodies! 

---- 

If you wonder what I'm getting up to this Halloween, all of it, have a look at this set on my flickr page :). 

Find me online:
twitter - instagram - website 

---- 

Disclaimer: Google is trying to fob off a lot of their GDPR responsability by pretending the responsability to safeguard privacy is with bloggers. I can assure you that I don't collect ANY data on my followers or people that read this blog what so ever, so when it comes to this blog, it's entirely on google.  I will continue to post links to secondary sites, I have no stake in this other than to provide my readers with a handy link, so if you worry about your data when you enter those sites, you'll have to take it up with them. I hope that helps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment