Wednesday 24 April 2019

art post: animal skulls

Cuvier's caiman skull

More skulls! 

Cuvier's dwarf Caiman skull 
Incidently these tiny crocodilians are my favourite reptile :). 
I'm sure most of you will recognise the quote, but it is the second half of the Little Crocodile poem from Alice in Wonderland. Which yes, I do know by heart, thank you very much :). 
Derwent graphite pencil in B, Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolour and Posca marker on Daler-Rowney watercolour postcard paper. 

First things first before I continue though. 
No animals were hurt in the making of these paintings. I got images off a site called Bone Clones as reference, and then sketched my own tiny replica toad skull. I didn't even use any real skulls as reference (as Bone Clones is also a replica company, just like my own Skullery skull).

cat skull 

Cat skull 
Derwent graphite pencil in B and Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolour on Daler-Rowney watercolour postcard paper.

chihuahua skull 

Apple headed chihuahua skull 
Derwent graphite pencil in B and Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolour on Daler-Rowney watercolour postcard paper.

Osprey skull 

Osprey skull
it's a kind of bird of prey. 
Derwent graphite pencil in B, Molotow marker and Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolour on Daler-Rowney watercolour postcard paper.

helmed casuar skull 

Helmed cassowary skull 
Fun fact, after reading a children's book (De Kracht van Ajajatsu) featuring really foul tempered helmed cassowaries, I was pretty scared of them. 'till I realised that the one in the zoo behind my parent's house is actually super, super friendly! 
Derwent graphite pencil in B and Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolour on Daler-Rowney watercolour postcard paper.

Mutjak skull 

Muntjak skull 
My classmate Marjolein was helping me pick skulls to paint and we both thought this looked cool. 
Derwent graphite pencil in B, Ecoline brush pens and Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolour on Daler-Rowney watercolour postcard paper.

page from my sketchbookpage from my sketchbook 

Sketches featuring my Skullery toad skull (and my Fiendies planchette). Derwent graphite pencil in B on Maruman Croquis paper 

---- 

Find me online: 
twitter - instagram - website 

Disclaimer: Google is trying to fob off a lot of their GDPR responsability by pretending the responsability to safeguard privacy is with bloggers. I can assure you that I don't collect ANY data on my followers or people that read this blog what so ever, so when it comes to this blog, it's entirely on google. I will continue to post links to secondary sites, I have no stake in this other than to provide my readers with a handy link, so if you worry about your data when you enter those sites, you'll have to take it up with them. I hope that helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment