Wednesday 17 April 2019

Art post: portraits

Photo of the day: 18.9.2018 (day 261)

As some of you might know, I'm in art school. Not full time, just a painting class at the local part-time art college: 2 evenings and Saturday morning. Because I've painted quite a lot this year, I've decided to do some art posts on my blog, also :).  
These are in chronological order and all of them are potraits after photo.


Photo of the day: 20.9.2018 (day 263) 

Portrait after cover of an edition of Planet Perfume Magazine, which gets handed out for free every few months at, you guessed it: Planet Perfume. 
I painted this because I painted that kind of flowers, in a vase though, in my first year (I"m in my 3rd year now). 
Derwent graphite pencil in B, Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolour, Ecoline brush pen (as watercolour) and Stabilo fineliner on Daler-Rowney Aquafine paper. 
I may have the patience to paint on eyelashes, but I don't have the patience to paint on all the details inside the flowers, hence the fineliner.

Schoolwork 

Portrait of Abby Corkins
Derwent graphite pencil in B, Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolour and Posca markers on Daler-Rowney Aquafine paper.

portrait of my friend Birdie 

Portrait of Birdie (BirdBrainFX). 
Derwent graphite pencil in B, Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolour and Posca markers on Daler-Rowney Aquafine paper.

from my sketchbook 

Another portrait of Birdie. 
I did this one for her birthday :). 
Derwent graphite pencil in B, Ecoline brush pens (as watercolour) and Posca markers on white Maruman Croquis paper.

things painted in class :) 

Photo after the cover of Stylist, a free French magazine. 
I think this was the cover of the June 2018 edition, but it might also have been the October one. 
Derwent graphite pencil in B, Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolour, Talens gouache, Posca and Molotow markers and some colours from the super cheapo kiddie watercolour palette we have lingering around in the class art supply cabinet. On Daler-Rowney Aquafine paper.

portrait at school 

Portrait of Heather 
Derwent graphite pencil in B, Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolour, Ecoline (both ink and brush pens used as watercolour) and Posca markers on Daler-Rowney Aquafine paper. 

Madam Satan 

Sketch portrait of Lilith, aka Madam Satan, from Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. Which I did because I was excited for season 2. 
Pentel P203 mechanical pencil in B, Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolour, Kuretake brush pens and Sakura fineliners on cream Maruman Croquis paper.

Want to see everything I've done this year, including some more portraits from my sketchbook, then click here :). 

---- 

Find me online: twitter - instagram - website 

---- 

Disclaimer: Google is trying to fob off a lot of their GDPR responsability by pretending the responsability to safeguard privacy is with bloggers. I can assure you that I don't collect ANY data on my followers or people that read this blog what so ever, so when it comes to this blog, it's entirely on google.  I will continue to post links to secondary sites, I have no stake in this other than to provide my readers with a handy link, so if you worry about your data when you enter those sites, you'll have to take it up with them. I hope that helps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment