Sunday 17 February 2019

The week in photos: February 11-17 2019

Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast notebook

NOT TODAY ZURG! Any other day? Click and find out :)
Monday, February 11 (day 42) 
Camera: Canon EOS 800D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
I love the detailing inside my Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast notebook :). 

---- 

Darth Vader watch 

Tuesday, February 12 2019 (day 43) 
Camera: Canon EOS 800D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
My new Darth Vader watch, which was a gift from Bert and I love it! 

---- 

Photo of the day: 13.2.2019 (day 44) 

Wednesday, February 13 (day 44) 
Camera: Sony XPERIA L1 
Got myself a pair of Saltwater Sandals originals, because I kept hearing good things about them and I wanted a pair of quality summer footwear that will actually LAST. 
I've been breaking them in wearing socks in them and they're starting to get SUPER comfortable (not that they were ever uncomfortable with socks in them). By the time it actually is sandal weather, they'll be super comfy :). 
That said, I don't think I'd order from the brand again, because shipping was a NIGHTMARE. 
First of all it was really rather pricy (nearly £11), and then when we got back from Disneyland Paris, there was a mystery UPS note in our mailbox, with ONLY the name of the shop that they dumped the package at. Which was not the nearby (ish) one, no no, it was one super far away 2 towns over! 
Saltwater had not sent me a shipping confirmation, nor a tracking number, so I wasn't automatically going to assume it was for me. 
I did send them an email explaining the situation and asking if they had sent me my order. The next day (Sunday, and to be fair I didn't expect a response 'till Monday) I didn't actually get a response, I got an email saying they had made me an account (so not ok) and basically in there there was a ticket which was just a copy of my email to them. Which is a load of utter BS! 
UPS was of course NOT helpful at all, gave me sorry not sorry responses (the plot thickens, as whilst we were gone, Bert's nan was home and UPS had neglected to ring the door, they had just stuff a note in the mailbox) and after me getting really rather annoyed at them, they said they'd sort out a re-delivery. 
Due to union actions at his job, Bert was unsuspectedly home on Tuesday afternoon, and he said I should ring the shop to see if UPS had indeed picked up the package, which they would have had to do to even make a Thursday delivery (as was agreed). 
Guess what, they hadn't. So Bert drove out all the way there (which was about 20 minutes by car, which tells you just how badly UPS fucked up) so I could pick them up. 
Saltwater Sandals deemed it unneccesary to give a PROPER response, instead they just sent me an email which essentially amounted to "oh sorry not sorry, yeah we sent you a package, here's your tracking code". 
AFTER I had to wrangle UPS, and failing miserably, into doing their job. 
For shoes and shipping this pricy, I expect better, so I don't think I'll bother spending my money on them ever again. 

---- 

Instax mini + film 

Thursday, February 14 (day 45) 
Camera: Canon EOS 800D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
Instax Belgium sponsors BCM (thank you!) with free film each year, for our instax pages and it's appreciated, so, so much! 

---- 

Photo of the day: 15.2.2019 

Friday, February 15 (day 46) 
Camera: Canon EOS 800D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
My new Zero bookends in the dark, for they light-up. I had never thought I would be able to get my hands on these, because the places that did have them were SUPER expensive (way more than what I paid) and didn't ship to Belgium. But I was looking on amazon.fr for something else, and stumbled upon them, within the price range I was willing to spend on them, so excellent! So glad I got them! 

---- 

Photo of the day: 16.2.2019 

Saturday, February 16 (day 47) 
Camera: Canon EOS 800D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
Zero bookends in the daylight, without their light switched on.

Outfit of the day: 16.2.2019 

Outfit of the day: 
Hat: thrifted/vintage 
Glasses: Zenni Optical 
Necklace: Birch please 
Top: Monki 
Dress: Monki 
Leggings: Primark 
Socks: HEMA 
Boots: Palladium 

---- 

"helper" cat 

Sunday, February 17 (day 48) 
Camera: Sony XPERIA L1 
Loa thinks he's being ever so "helpful" :).

 

In other news, Bert managed to fix the issues with the website, so BCM is now available for download via the usual way :). 
Grab your free copy! 

---- 

Find me online: 
twitter - instagram - website 

---- 

All daily photos of 2019 are here
 Click here for all my outfit shots, and here for all my make-up shots. 
Make-up and outfit shots (unless otherwise indicated) by Bert Van den Wyngaert

Disclaimer: Google is trying to fob off a lot of their GDPR responsability by pretending the responsability to safeguard privacy is with bloggers. I can assure you that I don't collect ANY data on my followers or people that read this blog what so ever, so when it comes to this blog, it's entirely on google.  I will continue to post links to secondary sites, I have no stake in this other than to provide my readers with a handy link, so if you worry about your data when you enter those sites, you'll have to take it up with them. I hope that helps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment