Monday 7 January 2019

Last week in photos: December 31 2018 - January 6 2019

blog header

Read it like a crocodile with specs!

Outfit: 31.12.2018 

Monday, December 31 2018 (day 365) 
Camera: Canon EOS 6D Mark II, 50mm Canon lens 
Proof I should NEVER be allowed to mess around with Bert's flash. I'm not saying I shouldn't use his camera and tripod, just not the flash!
Glasses: Zenni Optical 
Cardigan: Monki 
Top: Monki 
Dress: Monki 
Button: Disneyland Paris #surpriseMickey 
Tights: H&M Boots: A

Best 9 of 2018 on instagram 

And my instagram #2018bestnine, because why not? :) 

---- 

the annual beauty trash post 

Tuesday, January 1 2019 
Camera: Canon EOS 800D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
Look, without a tripod (but with handy stuff around the house to pose the camera on). 
Normally I open the year with a picture of the cat and a year photo, but this year, I decided to open with the annual beauty trash. 
And make a proper blog post about it because uuuuurgh, SO... MUCH... BEAUTY... TRASH in just ONE year! 

Outfit: 1.1.2019 

Outfit of the day 
It wasn't actually very cold today 'till late in the afternoon. But by then I luckily didn't have to be outside anymore. But when we were taking photos I could definitely be about without a coat (I do have to say that I don't get cold that quickly during the daytime). 
Hat: H&M 
Glasses: Theo 
Scarf: H&M 
Top: Monki 
Dress: Monki 
Tights: Sonia Rykiel x H&M 
Shoes: ASOS 

---- 

Photo of the day: 2.1.2018 

Wednesday, January 2 
Camera: Canon EOS 800D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
I discovered I still had a box with plenty of fortune cookies in the garage! What a delicious surprise, I was very pleased! :) 

---- 

Photo of the day: 3.1.2018 

Thursday, January 3 
Camera: Sony XPERIA L1 
I wanted to take a photo with Loa and the eye cream (which is ace btw) and then he yawned. I thought the blooper shot was so funny I just left it at that :).

#dobetter Douglas 

Also, can we take a moment to observe that Douglas is really exaggerating with their packaging? It's also the kind of format that isn't standard so it can't even be reused as a shipping box (not without having to pay extra at least). #dobetter Douglas, because this size box for one small product and two samples is so unnecessary! 

---- 

Photo of the day: 4.1.2018 

Friday, January 4 
Camera: Sony XPERIA L1 How adorable are these pancake pans! I saw them in our local Colruyt supermarket, but sadly, we are switching to an induction stove later this year and these are for everything BUT induction stoves. Typical, typical. Else I would have totally bought the fox one on general principle! 

---- 

Photo of the day: 5.1.2019 

Saturday, January 5 
Camera: Canon EOS 800D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
Tick Tock Croc with my new glasses. 
Well, I've had them for a few weeks now, but that still counts as new, right? 
The frames are from Zenni Optical. I ordered them online during the Black Friday sales, and then had the lenses put in at the local Grand Optical store when they had a 50% off deal going on. 
Normally I go to Theo (Somers Optiek) in Antwerp, but I wanted a vintage style pair for occassional wear, and they've not got one in this style in their range, plus I didn't want to spend quite as much money on a pair I would only wear from time to time. 
This was much, much cheaper, mainly because I cut back SIGNIFICANTLY on the cost of the frames. With Black Friday discount they cost me, wait for it, €19,25 shipping included. 
Yup, about €20 for the frames. 
They're nothing like Theo frames (unsurprisingly as those are top of the line), but they are absolutely as good quality as what you can get at Pearl, Grand Optical and most opticians. 
Would I do this again? 
Probably, if I wanted to get another occassion pair or sunglasses. 
Not anytime soon though! :) Just got new specs :). 

And on another Disney related note, I've managed to get up my post about last week's Christmas/winter visit to Disneyland Paris

Outfit: 5.1.2019 

Outfit of the day 
I was experimenting with colour some more, and I've decided that whilst there's nothing wrong with a spot of colour, I still like mostly brown outfits best, so from now on, I want to go back to more steam and diesel stuff. 
Hat: Failsworth 
Glasses: Theo 
Scarf: Lazy Oaf 
Cardigan: Monki 
Bread butterfly bag: Oh Disney via Shop Disney UK 
Skirt: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright x Disney Store Japan 
Petticoat: Dear Celine 
Tights: Teja Jamilla 
Boots: Kickers 

---- 

Expo Van Gogh 

Sunday, January 6 
Camera: Canon EOS 800D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
Bert and I went to Expo Van Gogh in Brussels today and it was really cool! 
I'll be writing a blog post about it later :) 

---- 

Find me online: 
twitter - instagram - website 

---- 

All daily photos of 2018 are here and those of 2019 are here
Click here for all my outfit shots, and here for all my make-up shots. 
Make-up and outfit shots (unless otherwise indicated) by Bert Van den Wyngaert

Disclaimer: Google is trying to fob off a lot of their GDPR responsability by pretending the responsability to safeguard privacy is with bloggers. I can assure you that I don't collect ANY data on my followers or people that read this blog what so ever, so when it comes to this blog, it's entirely on google.  I will continue to post links to secondary sites, I have no stake in this other than to provide my readers with a handy link, so if you worry about your data when you enter those sites, you'll have to take it up with them. I hope that helps! 

2 comments:

  1. This all the looks so nice, your lives seem so nice and busy you make me feel so boring XD the Van Gogh exhibit is especially brilliant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I don't know about that! Most of our lives are pretty mundane! Hence me getting super excited about finding a box with fortune cookies in the garage ;)

      Delete