Thursday 20 September 2018

A very geeky Sunday with friends! :)

Comic Con Antwerp program

Last Sunday it was time for Comic Con Antwerp. Which Bert especially was looking forward to because it had Jeremy Shada as the main guest. 
Aka, the voice of Finn in Adventure Time. 
Which is Bert’s favourite cartoon. 

So that’s why on a Sunday we got up way too early…


Pumpkin Spice frappucinoLora can haz maple tea 

6AM early, to be on the 8.40 train to Antwerp. 
Which Lora was also on, so that was good. 
It’s quite the walk to Waagnatie, but that beats taking a bus. For busses are foul and all around nasty. Not to mention completely unreliable. 
We did stop at Starbucks at Groenplaats for seasonal drinks. In Lora’s case a maple tea drink, in my case a Pumpkin Spice frappucino. I did have a cup with me, but I didn’t want to carry around a dirty cup in my backpack all day, so I just accepted one from Starbucks. I really need to find something with a spill proof lid… high hopes for DLP next month! 
But yeah, caffeinated, huzzah, we got to Waagnatie around 10ish I would say. 

Of course, we would have gotten in way earlier if we could properly find the entrance. They are doing a lot of building works at the area, and it was just… chaos. Mind you, I did tell the organisation when I got in about it, and they immediately started talking about getting someone outside to direct people at the right entrance, or put up some kind of sign). 
They had also put up a LOT of added lighting, meaning that this year, the light at the convention wasn’t total fail like last year. I love this about this organisation, they really listen to feedback and where they can, they remedy stuff. Very awesome. 
Although for this edition, a lot of things that were off was not their fault at all. It’s not their fault that there was construction madness, it’s also not their fault that it was car free Sunday, meaning that attendance was low because apparently most people can’t be bothered to show up if they can’t drive there.

Comic Con Antwerp

Comic Con Antwerp 

Personally I didn’t mind it being a calm con, it meant queues weren’t long at all. It was super easy to find friends and hang out without being in the way of other people. You could browse stalls without other people trying to butt in your way. Workshops didn’t get full in the proverbial 5 minutes and it was easy to photograph cosplayers (please organisation, can we have cool photo backgrounds with extra studio lights throughout all your venues from now on? That would be SO RAD). All good in my book!

Comic Con Antwerp 

I didn’t much like that there was very limited space to sit (other than the floor) and that there was barely any outside seating (and most of that was construction pieces outside Waagnatie). Especially when you have food, you just want to sit down and eat. This is a problem inherent to Waagnatie though, because normally there’s always lots of space to sit down. But yeah, picnic tables and benches please! Lots of them ^^. I did have delicious things to eat there though, because Amai was there and they didn’t only have taiyaki with them this time, they also had… ice cream mocha! I love Amai, I really do.

Charlotte's tiny alien 

Even though there were lots of cool things on sale, I only got a special Adventure Time Doctor Who mash-up button that the Belgian Whovians designed especially for Comic Con Antwerpen. For Bert obviously. And then I also got a Disney blind bag, because I was so convinced I had found one with Zurg inside. It turned out to be a Little Green Man, meaning Charlotte is probably laughing her ass off whilst doing grabby hands. Oh well, at least it was something someone else likes. Won’t be blind bagging again though! 
I did want to buy this awesome Madame Leota pin, but when I initially saw it, I hadn’t seen most of the stalls yet and I wanted to see everything before shopping. And then, of course, I forgot about it. Oh well. Maybe another time. 

Bert with Jeremy Shada 

Bert also bought a photo ticket for a picture with Jeremy Shada. He said I could join him for the photo, but I felt that he should do it by himself because he’s the big Adventure Time fan. Plus, I feel this photo wouldn’t have been nearly as rad as it is now if I had been in, too :). During the crowd portion of the Q&A, Lora asked Jeremy Shada to sing his favourite song from Adventure Time, which I taped. Click here for the video because flickr can’t be trusted playing these things. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn’t, so just click the link :).
It's too bad we didn't know that it was his band playing on Saturday though. I mostly feel bad for Bert, concert photography is his favourite thing. But yeah, should have googled the unknown band name (totally on us that one).

MORE Pumpkin Spice frappucino 

We walked back from the convention to the station, and seeing this time we knew the way, it was a shorter walk. I did get more Pumpkin Spice frappucino though, in my R2D2 cup. Which I feel sums up the entire day.

Outfit: 16.9.2018 

Mandatory outfit shot. 
I was wearing a lot of Millennium Falcon that day :) 

And some more pictures! 

Comic Con Antwerp 

Lora’s outfit. 

Dorian 

Dorian 

Comic Con Antwerp 

Someone else wearing Nightmare Rising! So cool! I had nearly worn that same JSK that day, and I really wished I had when I asked this girl for a photo. She was so nice too, it would have been fun to make some twinning shots. But maybe I can some other time, I should find out who she is (I think Dorian knows) and then ask her if it’s something she’s up for some time :).

Inside Out group 

Inside Out group. I’m not a fan of the movie at all, but this group was pretty rad. 

Lightsaber battle 

There was a sort of arena outside where they were having light sabre battles (mostly kids) with these foam sabers. And I REALLY want to know where to get these because I totally want one! OMG SO MUCH WANT. Also, Kylo Ren is surprisingly good with kids. /fact 

Comic Con Antwerp 

I love this girl’s dress!

Comic Con Antwerp 

Initially I took a photo of this tee for Claire, who was going to join us but then abandoned us for Pairi Daiza, as Snow White is her fave and to point out she was missing out on class merch. But now I just wish I had bought this cool t-shirt so the joke’s on me really! (Yes Claire, you may laugh!). Hopefully they’ll have it at Comic Con Brussels or Japan Con! Although I mostly hope there will be gatchapon machines and a purikura at Japan Con! Especially the purikura!

Alyssa 

Alyssa as Agent Carter

Dorian meets the Dalek (they didn't get along) 

Dorian meeting the Dalek. They didn’t get on. Then again, Dalek doesn’t get on with anyone. (Can someone give Steve an award for being the best Dalek ever?!). 

Star-Lord Maarten 

Maarten as Star-Lord 

All pictures are here, there’s quite a few more! :) 

Find me online: 
twitter - instagram - website 

---- 

Disclaimer: Google is trying to fob off a lot of their GDPR responsability by pretending the responsability to safeguard privacy is with bloggers. I can assure you that I don't collect ANY data on my followers or people that read this blog what so ever, so when it comes to this blog, it's entirely on google. I will continue to post links to secondary sites, I have no stake in this other than to provide my readers with a handy link, so if you worry about your data when you enter those sites, you'll have to take it up with them. I hope that helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment