Tuesday 14 August 2018

Antwerp pride!

Antwerp pride

Last Saturday was Antwerp Pride. 
Which I attended with some friends :). 


I asked Bert to take my outfit and make-up shot before I left, but sadly, the light was _shite_. 

Outfit for Antwerp Pride: 11.8.2018 

Hat: H&M 
Glasses: Theo 
Vest: Monki 
Top: Redbubble (it says "Str8 against H8") 
Skirt: made it myself 
Bag: Disney Store Japan 
Socks: Flying Tiger Copenhagen 
Boots: Palladium 

Make-up of the day: 11.8.2018 

BROWS: 
- M.A.C, brow sculpt in Cork 
EYES: 
- M.A.C, pro longwear concealer in NC20 
- M.A.C, in extreme dimension color lash mascara/work it out in Muscle Tee 
- M.A.C, pigment in Pure White and Vanilla 
- NYX, hot single shadows in Diamond Lust 
- Sugarpill, pressed eyeshadow in Takko 
FACE: 
- M.A.C, fix+ - Snazaroo, glitter gel in Star Dust 
- Sugarpill, pressed eyeshadow in Love+, Flamepoint, Buttercupcake, Acidberry, Home Sweet Home and Velocity 
- Too Faced, Born This Way Naturally Radiant concealer in Fair 
- Too Faced, Hangover primer 
- Too Faced, Born This Way etherial setting powder in translucent 
LIPS: 
- Sephora, cream lip stain in Copper Blush 
- Weleda, Everon lip balm (as primer) 

At the local train station, the locals did NOT know what they saw when I wandered into the office to buy a ticket. The clerk was friendly and everything, but he could BARELY stop himself from laughing. Like, seriously people, it's fucking 2018
Of course, I do live in the Flemish equivalent of a redneck town that thinks it's a hipster town, so that doesn't help... 

Ready for Antwerp pride 

I had been wanting to go for ages, but it’s sadly never worked out before. This year, however, Lora, Claire and I ended up putting it in our planners the second we knew when it was. Julie joined us pretty last minute, but of course that was totally ok, the more the merrier. Sadly Claire had to cancel last minute so hopefully the four of us will be able to go together next year :).

Antwerp pride 

Antwerp Pride started at the Vlaamse Kaai, so after acquiring lunch and a cute rainbow ribbon at Panos (thank you Panos!) we walked over there and joined the parade. It definitely felt like there were more people on the sides than actually walking, but hey, to each their own :). It was nice that they had published the route on the website, so people could join in later if they felt like it. 

Antwerp pride

Antwerp pride 

I do feel that the route maybe could have been a little better organised. Instead of going on such an immense trek, and getting terribly stuck on the street that passes by the Steen/Steenplein (where the Love United Festival was), meaning that the area got clogged up AF (to the point where it was super dangerous, especially as the street was also plagued with aggressive wasps, and I’m not entirely sure how easy it would have been for 1st aid to get to people in case someone got unwell or had an allergic reaction from a sting). It probably would have been better to led the parade in a loop, doing the first 3rd of the route a few times and then ending where it started. And maybe put Love United on the Kaaien as well. That would mean that there would be better crowd control, but also that there are LESS busy streets they’d have to close down. And you’d avoid that difficult spot at Steenplein. Food for thought Stad Antwerpen! Aside from that it was super cool to see such a big parade.

Antwerp pride 

Lora and I did quit early, because if we had done the entire parade route, we’d have been home SO LATE. That and our knees were not agreeing with us either, boo to bad joints! 

Lora

Flags on City Hall, note the lack of rainbow flag

giant pride flag 

So we ended with some outfit shots of Lora at the art wall at City Hall (note how City Hall did NOT have a pride flag up, but Bonaparte kinda made up for that by having the biggest pride flag in existence on the same square). After that, we popped in a few shops and bought circle skirts at UNIQLO. Because they were really good quality and cheaper than proper vintage design shops. I got the ochre one and Lora got the blue denim one. I ended up being home at like half past 9, and as Lora had a longer train journey, it was a good thing we didn’t stay ‘till the end of the parade. 

Anyway, enough of me rambling on, have some photos! (There’s more here). 

Antwerp pride 

Julie :) 

Antwerp pride 

His t-shirt reads "and all of this with your tax money". I'm fairly certain he was with the float of political party Groen (the greens), who were all in pink (or white with pink) for the day. 
You could say that it shouldn't be about politics, but Groen has always been super supportive of the lgtbq+ community, so I feel it's only right they are part of the parade. 
I can't say the same of CD&V (the catholic conservative party). I feel those guys are the biggest hypocrits at pride. I'm pretty sure they were only there because it's an election year anyway XD. 

Antwerp pride

Antwerp pride

Antwerp pride

Antwerp pride

Antwerp pride

Antwerp pride 

I loved so many of the outfits I saw at pride! 
So I asked a ton of people if I could take their photo :). 

----

Find me online: twitter - instagram - website 

---- 

Disclaimer: Google is trying to fob off a lot of their GDPR responsability by pretending the responsability to safeguard privacy is with bloggers. I can assure you that I don't collect ANY data on my followers or people that read this blog what so ever, so when it comes to this blog, it's entirely on google. I will continue to post links to secondary sites, I have no stake in this other than to provide my readers with a handy link, so if you worry about your data when you enter those sites, you'll have to take it up with them. I hope that helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment