Tuesday 10 July 2018

July flashback faves, covering 2 years of July faves!

blog header

July flashback faves 
Time to look back to two July's worth of favourites, just to see how I feel about this lot now. I didn't do a flashback faves last month, but I'm back this month! Seeing I started to do monthly faves in June 2016 (time flies!) this is going to cover both July 2016 and July 2017. 
I think it's really good to properly look back about what I loved before, and how I look upon it now, because it really helps me keeping myself in check buying new things :).
Barry M - Molten Metals 

Barry M, Molten Metals in Bronze Bae and Copper Mine (2016) 
Yup, still love these, still use them all the time. And they're pretty good quality in general, I wouldn't say that they are chip-proof, but they are a little sturdier than many nail polishes in that price range. Plus, brass and copper, those aren't easy to find shades, they get bonus points for that :). 

---- 

Collistar anti-age lifting body lotion (2016) 
I still haven't actually purchased a full size of this/ Like I said last month, I can't finish more than one full size body lotion, and so spending quite a bit of cash is just wasting said cash. Utekram no Perfume still wins. 

---- 

essence - nose strips 

essence, pureskin purifying nose strips (2017) 
I would totally still be using this had essence not discontinued them late 2017. I haven't bothered finding a replacement I must admit. 

---- 

essence top coat 

essence, I want Candy – scented top coat in I want peach! (2017)
Last year I was pretty convinced the scent wouldn't stay, but I was wrong, it's still there. Of course, it vanishes after you've applied it, but the scent gimmick aside, this is a beautiful irridescent orangy top coat. I really enjoy using it. I am, admittedly, a little stingy with it and only use it from time to time, because if once it's gone, its gone and I love it so much I want to make it last as long as I can! 

---- 

essence, powder brush 

essence; live, laugh, celebrate!, powder brush 
This is still my all time favourite blush brush. And thankfully I have two of them, so that's practical. I don't understand why they don't make this one commercially available (it's from a PR kit) because they are hands down the very best brushes essence has ever done! 

---- 

Dead Man Walking 

Simon R Green, Dead Man Walking (2016) 
Not my fave Ishamael Jones book in the series, but a good book nevertheless. I haven't read it in a while though, so I should get around to re-reading it at some point. 

---- 

H! by Henry Holland - lilac denim jacket 

H! by Henry Holland, lilac ruffle jeans jacket (2017) 
You know, I still like this, but I haven't worn it in forever. In part because it hasn't been the weather for it, but mostly because it just doesn't match a lot of my other clothes. I still like it, and I won't get rid of it, but I'm starting to wonder if this was a good choice for me. Probably not. And Bert got it for me so I feel pretty guilty about it :(. 

---- 

ice cream bubble blowers 

HEMA, ice cream bubbleblowers (2017) 
I use them mostly as décor pieces, but also to blow bubble with Loa cat, who adores chasing bubbles and staring at them. 

----

M.A.C x Brooke Candy - Witching Hour 

M.A.C x Brooke Candy, lipstick in Witching Hour (2016) 
Back in the summer of 2016 I wore this _all_ the time. But this year, I've not worn it a single time. I still love the colour, I just like wearing nudes more nowadays. 

---- 

technakohl liners 

M.A.C, technakohl liners in Snowed In and Sourpuss (2016) 
When Sourpuss (the lime one) expired in 2017 I didn't replace it, because I hadn't used it nearly enough to justify buying a new one. I did repurchase Snowed In, but I'm kinda over that right now too. I use it as a brow highlight these days because it's not completely used up yet and then at least it still gets some use. But I'm not buying it again. I am just fed up with how it's just not smooth on the lash line. Sure, the colour is lovely, but it doesn't apply that great and its not smudge proof (not on the lower lash line at least) so yeah, not bothering with buying it again when it's gone. 

---- 

Nocibé brushes 

Nocibé, flotteur and concealer brushes (2017) 
I totally stand by these. Although I must admit that I like their flat foundation brush just a little more to apply my concealer. But yeah, the flotteurs (crease blending brushes basically) are still my fave eyeshadow brushes. I use them for application and blending and I adore them. In fact, I've bought more since June 2017 and I will buy even more given half the chance. Mine are totally discoloured by now, so whilst they look a little grotty, they're still perfect, the colours are just all mank now. But they are clean and the quality is still the same as the day I bought them so it's all good :). But yeah, totally would add the flat foundation brush to the list! 

---- 

NYX, color mascara in Forget me Not (2016) 
This has been gone for ages, NYX discontinued it. I wouldn't buy it again mind, because I wouldn't use it up (it's hard enough to use up black, brown, blue and white, I'm not adding a 5th tube!). I apparently never took a photo, but it was a simple lilac and white mascara tube with lilac mascara, just use your imagination :P 

---- 

Treasure Planet top 

Redbubble, Treasure Planet top (2017) 
Still wear this a ton once it's warm enough for it, still love this a ton. Still one of my fave tops. Would absolutely buy a new one should something happens to this one (if it's still available at that point at least). 

---- 

Sephora - fingertip eyeliner in Metallic Gold 

Sephora, fingertip eyeliner in Metallic Gold (2017) 
I just repurchased this during the current Sephora sales, 'nuff said. The one I got last year was used up too, so yeah. I really like the formula and the colour, so every summer sales I get a new one. Because why pay full price when I don't have to, right? 

---- 

Sephora Rouge Shine - Latin Lover 

Sephora, Rouge Shine in Latin Lover (2017) 
I still have it, but I don't actually use it. I haven't touched it in forever. I think I will give this to my nieces to play around with rather than just let it continue using up space. At least I got it 70% off. 

---- 

Sephora, cream lip stain in pretty auburn 

Sephora, cream lip stain in Pretty Auburn (2017) 
I still really like this, but in October 2017 I got Naughty by Nature, the brown Melted Matte by Too Faced, and I like that shade of brown better, so that's why Pretty Auburn isn't getting much use. Also: fair is fair, I have too many lipsticks, so a bunch of them are just not getting a lot of use, if any. It's an issue X_x. I don't have masses and masses, but enough that aren't getting used to be annoyed by the fact. Posts like these make me realise this, so it stops me from getting more lipsticks that won't get a lot of use. 

---- 

Too Faced, La Crème in Sugar Daddy 

Too Faced, La Créme in Sugar Daddy (2017) 
This is probably the last year this is in my faves because it got discontinued. Which is a shame because I still like this one, and still wear it regularly. But yeah, nothing to be done about it. Luckily it's a nude, and it's not like I don't have other nudes I love so I'm not that bothered by it being nearly all gone. 

---- 

UNIQLO - Alice Through the Looking Glass 

UNIQLO Japan, Alice Through the Looking Glass collection tee (2016) 
I still have this! It's still one of my very favourite geek tees! And my favourite Disney tee! I love the cut, the print, and how versatile it is. So obviously I still wear it whenever the weather allows it! 

---- 

Jules Verne omnibus 

Jules Verne, 7 book omnibus (2016) 
Let's not waste too many words on this. It's a Jules Verne omnibus. OF COURSE I still love this! Moving on. 

---- 

Yves Rocher, anti-fatigue ice gel (2016) 
I still like this, but we're out for the moment. Which reminds me that I should repurchase this! 

---- 

Yves Rocher - Repair shampoo 

Yves Rocher, Repair shampoo (2016) 
Still one of my regular shampoos. I switch every week, so one week I use this, and the other other week I use the Dr Organic tea tree one. My hair likes that, so I'm pleased :). 

---- 

Zatchels - Foxton Kilworth bag 

Zatchels, custom foxton satchel (2016) 
I still own this, and I'm not likely to ever get rid of it, but I've not used this in forever. I have a lot of bags, and this just isn't my fave anymore so I tend to gravitate to others more. 

---- 

Find me online: 
twitter - instagram - website 

---- 

Disclaimer: Google is trying to fob off a lot of their GDPR responsability by pretending the responsability to safeguard privacy is with bloggers. I can assure you that I don't collect ANY data on my followers or people that read this blog what so ever, so when it comes to this blog, it's entirely on google.  I will continue to post links to secondary sites, I have no stake in this other than to provide my readers with a handy link, so if you worry about your data when you enter those sites, you'll have to take it up with them. I hope that helps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment