Sunday 14 January 2018

The first two weeks of 2018 in photos

Photo of the day: 1.1.2018

Welcome to a whole new year of photographic madness! 

Day 1: Monday, January 1 2018 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
Every first day of the year, Loa cat and I do a photo where he poses with a new year postcard. 
This year I didn't buy any at HEMA, like I usually do. 
Instead I made one for Bert, with Adventure Time's Jake the dog, because it's the year of the dog. 
Clearly, Loa does not agree with that fact.

outfit: 1.1.2018 

Outfit of the day 
It was raining, so Bert took photos with his smart phone instead. Improvised, sure. But definitely better than nothing! :) 
Hat: customised ebay find 
Brooch on hat: made it myself 
Glasses: Theo 
Scarf: H&M 
Aviator coat: Pull & Bear 
Deathstar bag: Bioworld 
Skirt: made it myself 
Petticoat: Dear Celine 
Tigths: ebay seller 
Socks: HEMA 
Boots: sacha 

1.1.2018 

Make-up of the day: 
BROWS: 
- M.A.C, brow sculpt in Cork 
- M.A.C, extra dimension skin finish in Beaming Blush (brow highlight) 
EYES: 
- M.A.C, in extreme dimension color lash mascara/work it out in Muscle Tee 
- M.A.C, pro longwear mascara in NC20 
- M.A.C, technakohl liner in Snowed In 
- Too Faced, Shadow Insurance primer 
- Too Faced, Chocolate Bon Bons in Divinity, Cashew Chew, Almond Truffle and Satin Sheets 
FACE: 
- M.A.C, extra dimension skin finish in Beaming Blush 
- M.A.C, sized to go strobe cream 
- Too Faced, Hangover Primer 
- Too Faced, Love Flush blush in Baby Love 
- Too Faced, Milk Chocolate Soleil bronzer 
LIPS: 
- Sephora, cream lip stain in Frozen Strawberry 
- Weleda, Everon lip balm (as primer) 

---- 

January flashback faves 

Day 2: Tuesday, January 2 2018 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
The beginning of a new month means that it's time for flashback faves. 
Click here to see how I feel about my January 2017 now, a year later. 
What do I still love, what do I still own? 
And what has fallen from grace? 

----

Photo of the day: 3.1.2018 

Day 3: Wednesday, January 3 2018 
Camera: Sony XPERIA L1 
Storm outside, so Loa is getting extra comfy on a soft, warm blanky on my other desk. 

----

Photo of the day: 4.1.2018 

Day 4: Thursday, January 4 2017 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
My friend Marie (thank you Marie!) got me Star Wars notebooks for Christmas! 
I love them! 
For those curious, they're by Lanoo Graphics :). 
The pen I've had for ages, Gaëtane once gave me a pack of them, but as I had other pens to use up first, I've only just started using some of these :). 

---- 

Photo of the day: 5.1.2018 

Day 5: Friday, January 3 2018 
Camera: Sony XPERIA L1 
Another sleeping Loa snapshot. 

---- 

Photo of the day: 6.1.2017 

Day 6: Saturday, January 6 2018 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
Caturday! 
You're probably sick of his face, but have another Loa snapshot anyway :P.

Outfit: 6.1.2018 

Outfit of the day: 
The fabric I used to make the skirt out of was actually not wide enough, and it shows. 
But oh well, I'm still gonna wear it because I really like the Alice in Wonderland print. 
Even though I had to put it on it's side rather than right way up to even remotely make it work. 
But hey, topsy turvy, right? 
Hat: Failsworth 
Glasses: Theo 
Cardigan: Primark 
Blouse: Honey Marble 
Skirt: made it myself 
Petticoat: Dear Celine 
Tights: H&M 
Boots: Mustang 

Make-up of the day: 6.1.2018 

Make-up of the day: 
Super simple look, because I didn't have much time at all. 
BROWS: 
- M.A.C, brow sculpt in Cork 
EYES: 
- M.A.C, pro longwear concealer in NC20 
- Too Faced, Chocolate Bon Bons in Divinity 
- Yves Rocher, So Elixir mascara in Blue 
FACE: 
- Canmake Tokyo, cream highlighter in Luminous Beige 
- M.A.C, sized to go strobe cream 
LIPS: 
- NYX, soft matte lip cream in Antwerp 
- Weleda, Everon lip balm (as primer) 

---- 

Photo of the day: 7.1.2017 

Day 7: Sunday, January 7 2018 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
Bert cooked a chicken dish, all organic foods! 
We ended up putting the carcass outside, and the local wildlife really dug into what was left. 
So at least we managed to do a few animals a favor with our left overs!

Outfit: 7.1.2017 

Outfit of the day: 
Still wearing that Alice in Wonderland skirt. 
Hat: ebay seller 
Glasses: Theo 
Scarf: H&M 
Cardigan: Harry Potter 
Top: HEMA 
Skirt: made it myself 
Petticoat: Dear Celine 
Leggings: Decathlon 
Boots: Mustang 

Make-up: 7.1.2017 

Make-up of the day: 
Note to self: eyeshadow + fix+ does NOT make for a good eyeliner! 
BROWS: 
- M.A.C, brow sculpt in Cork 
EYES: 
- M.A.C, pro longwear concealer in NC20 
- M.A.C, Semi-Sweet eye shadow x 9 in Pink Sienna 
- M.A.C, Tropic Cool eye shadow x 9 in Liquid Sky 
- M.A.C, technakohl liner in Snowed In 
- Too Faced, Chocolate Bon Bons in Divinity 
- Yves Rocher, So Elixir mascara in Blue 
- Yves Rocher, 40 eyeshadow palette in 56. Rose Dahlia 
- Yves Rocher, Nude Botanical Color palette in Rose Thé and Rose Mordorée FACE: 
- Canmake Tokyo, cream highlighter in Luminous Beige 
- M.A.C, sized to go strobe cream 
LIPS: 
- M.A.C, lipstick in Whirl 
- Weleda, Everon lip balm (as primer) 

---- 

Photo of the day: 8.1.2017 

Day 8: Monday, January 8 2018 
Camera: Sony XPERIA L1 
Shinto was sitting under my chair, demanding pettings and closing her eyes at the camera. 
In the end I went to sit down next to her so I could properly pet her :). 
Silly dragon! 

---- 

Photo of the day: 9.1.2017 

Day 9: Tuesday, January 9 2018 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
I'm teaching myself embroidery, so of course I'm starting at the basics with running stitch. 
I made this for Bert because he loves Adventure Time and ships Finn x Bubblegum. 

---- 

Photo of the day: 10.1.2017 

Day 10: Wednesday, January 10 2018 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
Well, it was sheer and utter misery but FINALLY my M.A.C pigment order came through. 
If you haven't yet and want to know what happened, you can read the whole story here
But I won't be ordering from ANY Estée Lauder brand ever again. 
Not even from Too Faced, so you all know how fed up I am! 

---- 

Photo of the day: 11.1.2017 

Day 11: Thursday, January 11 2018 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
I was gonna do a post about M.A.C pigments (which I did) and then take more pigment photos, but then of course Loa cat happened and I kinda just gave up because I had a lot to do. 
Life with cats! 

---- 

Photo of the day: 12.1.2018 

Day 12: Friday, January 12 2018 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
Found some super cheap (€8,69 for 2,5 meters!) Halloween fabric at the local fabric store's sales section yesterday, huzzah! 
So I'm making myself another Halloween dress. 
I know I said I wasn't going to make more Halloween clothes, but hey, at that price, I just had to. 
Even with the cost of the zipper and thread included, the dress will still cost me less than €15 in materials. Total bargain. 

---- 

Photo of the day: 13.1.2018 

Day 13: Saturday, January 13 2018 
Camera: Sony XPERIA L1 
Bert and I went to Antwerp, and we noticed that there's Adventure Time toys in the Happy Meals. 
Bert may love Adventure Time, but not even his love for the cartoon is great enough for us to want to eat McMonsanto. 
Doesn't mean we didn't take pictures though :D. 

Outfit of the day: 
The stairs of the Monki store are pretty darn cool, and the light is pretty good too. 
So we figured we could quickly snap an outfit shot on them, there was no one in sight. 
Of course the second Bert has his phone in hand, there's tons of people on the stairs, as these things go. 
Hence the bewildered looking people in the background :).
Hat: gift from a friend 
Glasses: Theo 
Scarf: asos 
Top: Monki 
Aviator jacket: Pull & Bear 
Bag: Zatchels 
Lamp on bag: customised Decathlon 
Skirt: made it myself 
Petticoat: Dear Celine 
Tights: H&M 
Boots: Palladium 

---- 

Photo of the day: 14.1.2018 

Day 14: Sunday, January 14 2018 
Camera: Sony XPERIA L1 
Didn't get an outfit or make-up shot because the light was seriously uncoperative (as was Bert's camera for that matter), but at least my I'm ready for Rock the Dots on January 22nd. 
I just hope I'll get an outfit shot in time! *fingers crossed* 
Skirt: made it myself 
Tights: HEMA
Boots: Kickers 

I have to say a few things about the fabric though.
I got it at Veritas, from their Disney prints in their Sew-be-do series. 
Its great that they do Disney stuff (they also have patches, haberdashery and jewelry, etc) BUT... 
The quality is just NOT worth the price. 
If you don't have a serger, forget about properly working with this fabric, unless you want to French seam the hell out of the thing. 
Also, the cotton is super light weight and well, not the kind of quality you expect from the price range. 
This skirt is essentially two panels, which I got at 70% off. I paid €4 a piece, so you do the math for the regular price, it's far too steep. 
The placement of Minnie was different on both panels and the blue background colour is different on both. 
You can't tell in the photo, but if you see the skirt in real life up close (like if you stood next to me) you can totally tell. 
Basically, I do NOT recommend buying cotton from this range. 
This is the second print I got from them, and I can confidently say the quality just is NOT there. 
It's the same quality as super cheap lining cotton, which is subpar AF for the price. 
I can't say anything about their jersey or canvas fabrics as I've not worked with those, and they're folded on a bit of cardboard so it's impossible to actually check thickness etc in store. 
The buttons seem to be ok, and some of the patches are nice. 
So that's something at least :). 

---- 

All daily photos of 2018 are here
Click here for all my outfit shots, and here for all my make-up shots. 
Make-up and outfit shots (unless otherwise indicated) by Bert Van den Wyngaert  
---- 

Find me online: 
twitter - instagram - website

No comments:

Post a Comment