Monday 24 April 2017

Visiting Louvain with my friend Marie

Photo of the day: 22,4,2017 (day 112)

Last Saturday, the 22nd, I took my friend Marie to Louvain! 
It’s sort of in the middle from both our places, and she had only been once back when she was in high school, so it made sense to go there.  




Anyway, because Louvain station has a bit of a strange lay-out, it seemed easier for me to be there first. Marie has travelled all over the world on her own, so obviously she’d totally be able to find me, even with me giving crap directions (I am very bad at giving directions), but I figured that it would be better for me to just show her because that was just easiest. So I was there nearly 40 minutes before her, went to ask at what platform her train would arrive, and flopped down in the waiting cubicle thing. Those things don’t have a roof, so they’re not warmer than the platform, BUT they do have more space to sit and they keep the wind away. And it was really quite windy that day. 

Seeing my kindle’s battery had been acting up, and it turned out to be empty (the horror, the horror), I had quickly grabbed a magazine from the magazine shop across the station in my home town. I had expected it to be rubbish (I just grabbed Glamour because that was the first one I saw, as I didn’t have the time to really look for something), but it was actually alright. Not to the point where I would want to read it on a monthly basis, but I was pleasantly surprised. 

Anyway, Marie’s train arrived, and we exchanged things we had for each other. She gave me the Disneyland Paris 25th (she went ON the actual 25th day, lucky!) program and button and a super cute Goofy Tsum Tsum especially created for DLP’s 25th! Thank you so much! I gave her a bunch of Chinese Disney parks promo material to borrow (and some to keep) for her thesis. She’s writing it about the Chinese Disney theme parks. Once we were all exchanged and ready to go, I showed her where Starbucks was (glorious, glorious Starbucks) and we went into the city itself. Doing our best (and thankfully succeeding) to cross the street at the station, not getting ran over by crazy busses (really Louvain, would it kill you to install a proper crossing there?). 

There were a few things I had to get, so we popped into Kruidvat, which was surprisingly small for a town that big. Ok Louvain isn’t a huge city, but I would have expected the Kruidvat there to be bigger than the one in my town (which, contrary to Louvain, is an actual town, whilst Louvain is a city), not smaller. I had wanted to pick up the Garnier Ambre Solaire Sensitive Sensitive Advanced Protecting and Hydrating Face Mist SPF 50 (why must these names be this long? Why? Mind you, the English and Dutch names are not the same, obviously, but you know, I write in English, so yeah). Apparently it is also compatible with make-up. Wait and see. I haven’t tried it yet, but obviously I need _something_ that will protect my face and neck from the UV rays (I have sunscreen for the rest of my body, obviously). It’s apparently also hypoallergenic, paraben free, not greasy and non comedogenic (meaning you shouldn’t get black heads from it). Again: wait and see. 
I’ll probably write a review on it after I’ve use it enough times to be able to say something sensible about it. 

After that we went to M.A.C, because the Louvain one is a lot bigger than the Liège and Antwerp ones. Marie restocked on some of her usual products and I got a travel size of strobe cream. We also swatched tons of things, and I came to the conclusion I will never be buying M.A.C wet wipes because they stink. As in: the scent isn’t nice. They perform admirably, but that smell, just no. 

By the time we had done all that, it was after noon, so we went to Domus for lunch. And urgh, Domus… It’s not that the place doesn’t look nice. It’s not that the food is rubbish. It’s just that I don’t like the fact that the staff isn’t very friendly at all. I really, really, miss the old Wiering! I get that the owners wanted a change, but seriously guys, this entire Rotis thing does not work for me! I’m really kind of at a loss of where to go for food in Louvain now, De Wiering really was my kind of place *sad*. Anyway, we had burgers.

lunch! 

 I had a regular cheeseburger and

 004 

Marie had a GIANT bacon burger. We had zero idea hers would be that big. After that, we wandered some more, so I could show her the city a little bit.

cool looking playground 

I discovered they now have this small playground across from city hall, which looks kinda cool.

Photo of the day: 23.4.2017 (day 113) 

Flying Tiger (which Marie had never been to, BUT the same day we were in Louvain, one opened in Liège so yay) failed to provide us with the touch pen Bert’s granddad wanted, but I did find some watercolour paper for painting class.

007 

HEMA did have the pens he wanted, and I also picked up this adorable little plushie crocodile for Shinto the iguana. She seems to love it a lot, because she’s been lounging with her head on it quite often since Saturday evening.

Steampunk Goofy at Quetzal

009 
  milkshakes! Marie can haz milkshake 

Because we both love chocolate, we went to Quetzal for milkshakes. Of course, once I was there, I really wanted a strawberry milkshake. Pictures were taken, fun was had. 


After that we checked out a few more shops: 

Photo of the day: 2.4.2017 (day 114) 

I got two bottles of Snapple at America Today. One regular lemonade and one kiwi and strawberry lemonade. 

Back at the station, we went into Starbucks because Marie wanted some stuff, and found out they are getting an electronic loyalty card soon. Of course, Marie and I are hoping for the international Starbucks card, but they may, just like a lot of Belgian shops and restaurants etc, just opt to join Qustomer/Joyn (at least I think that’s how you spell it). We’ll see I guess, it won’t be ‘till summer at the earliest. At least, that’s what we got told by the barista. Who was, as is generally the case with Starbucks in Louvain, very friendly (the Louvain Starbucks is the one with the friendliest staff in my experience). My train was 10 minutes earlier than Marie’s, so we waited at my platform and then said goodbye. 
For now, because next month, we are going to Antwerp!


Outfit: 22.4.2017

When I got home, Bert took my outfit shot for me (minus the bag and scarf) 
Hairband: Claire's 
Glasses: Theo 
Coat: UNIQLO x Lemaire 
Shirt: UNIQLO 
Skirt: made it myself 
Petticoat: American Apparel 
Leggings: Primark 
Socks: HEMA 
Boots: Kickers 
Accessories: I Love Crafty, handmade, Il Mezzometro, Han Cholo, Roxy, Pieces

Day 28/100 days of make-up in 2017 

and this day 28/100 days of make-up in 2017 photo (apologies for the tired grumpy face) 
EYES: 
- M.A.C, in extreme dimension lash mascara/work it out in muscle tee 
- M.A.C, technakohl liner in brass band 
- M.A.C, eye shadow in Amber Lights 
- NYX, Duo Chromatic Illuminating Powder in Twilight Tint 
- NYX, eye shadow base in skin tone 
- Too Faced, Chocolate Bon Bons palette in Divinity, Satin Sheets, Molasses Chip and Malted 
- Too Faced, Natural Eyes palette in Nudie and Honey Pot 
---- 
FACE: 
- M.A.C, pro longwear concealer in NC20 
- M.A.C, extra dimension skin finish in Beaming Blush 
- NYX, Duo Chromatic Illuminatin Powder in Twilight Tint 
- Too Faced, Hangover Primer 
- Too Faced, Milk Chocolate Soleil bronzer 
- Too Faced, Love Flush blush in Baby Love 
---- 
LIPS: 
- M.A.C, lipstick in Film Noir 
- Weleda, Everon lip balm 

Read more about my past posts on the labels attached to this one here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment