Tuesday 3 July 2018

June faves

blog header

All the things I liked in June, quite a few more than the past months :)


- Beautyblender, pro (black beauty sponge) 
- Disneyland Paris, Baby Groot cup 
- Disneyland Paris, Mickey Mouse pride pin 
- Redbubble, Gravity Falls top 
- Redbubble, Oozma Kappa top 
- Snazaroo, glitter gel in Red Gold and Star Dust 
- Yves Rocher, sensitive végétal eye cream 
- Yves Rocher, flawless skin concealer in Beige Clair 

June faves 

---- 

Beautyblender - pro - black 

To apply concealer 
Yeah those Primark sponges from last month's faves didn't last long. The egg shaped one is already in my empties bag because it would NOT hold it's shape anymore when wet. 
I'm still using the other one when my Beautyblender is dirty because that's still not entirely dead. It probably won't last much longer though. 
But this black Beautyblender I like. It's not anywhere near as dense, but it makes my concealer look like my skin so I'm all for it. 
Too bad about the price though X_x (I got this one 10% off and I got a €5 off coupon for my birthday for ICI PARIS XL that I'll likely use on a spare). 

---- 

Yves Rocher - flawless skin concealer in Beige Clair 

Just tap it in 
Quite a while ago I owned the previous version of this concealer
I didn't much like it, because it wouldn't stay on very long and the packaging wasn't very good, causing the product to expire earlier than it was supposed to. Since then, at some point, Yves Rocher reformulated the concealer and changed the packaging. 
It still looks much the same, just smaller and sleeker, but now it does stay on all day, even when it's super hot. 
And it's very easy to apply, just pull a couple of stripes on your face, tap it in with your fingers and you're good to go. You don't even have to set it with powder! This makes it the perfect concealer to travel with. 
I like liquid concealers like M.A.C's pro longwear or Too Faced' Born this Way but the faffing about with brushes, blenders and powder on holiday is just not something l like. 
Plus, this is very easy to just take along for a very low makeup day. If I just want to conceal dark circles and wear a little nude lipstick I could just do my makeup on the train. So yeah, love it as a secondary concealer, hell yes!

Snazaroo glitter gel in Star Dust and Red Gold 

Another thing that can just be tapped in is the Snazaroo glitter gel
Glitter is a notorious disaster, with a ton of special adhesives around to make it managable, but the reality of the matter is that working with/wearing glitter is generally a recipe for mysery and you'll find glitter everywhere for pretty much the rest of your life. 
Not with this product! 
The gel feels super pleasant on the skin, and once it dries you can't feel it's there. It goes over make-up, no problem at all, it's 98% transfer proof AND it REALLY washes off with warm water and soap. 
Or lukewarm water and cleanser (which is what I do). At most, and I've worn this stuff several times already) I have found ONE spec of stray glitter afterwards. One. 
Obviously, I love this! Which is why I have two pots of it (in different colours). Technically I have three, because the facepaint kit I bought for 31 days of Halloween had two smaller jars in it, but I'm giving the silver one to Birdie as that's not a colour I need. 

---- 

Yves Rocher - eye cream 

Kind to sensitive eyes 
After my brush with pneumonia last February, where they ended up putting me on a treatment of both steroids and antibiotics, my skin started hating on most of Yves Rocher's Hydra Végétal series. 
Which I had been using for years, without any issue. 
But now it suddenly started drying out my skin. I didn't have a lot of issues replacing the other products from that line I couldn't wear anymore, but eye cream was a struggle and a half. I even tried (the kind shop lady gave me samples) one from Kiehl's but it was super expensive and I didn't like how it felt on my skin at all. I also didn't notice it doing anything for me, so I didn't feel like spending €45+ on a tiny bottle of the stuff. 
So I got this one instead, under advise of the super kind and helpful Yves Rocher manager from the local store. 
And so far so good! Contrary to with the Kiehl's one, this feels super refreshing and pleasant on my skin AND I notice that my under eye area isn't quite as dark, and that in a short amount of time. So yeah, sticking with this. It's a lot cheaper than Kiehl's too, I didn't even pay €8 for this! (I think it was €7,45 but I'm not sure anymore). 

---- 

Disney tops from Redbubble 

Disney Style 
 I love Gravity Falls and Monsters University. So when I discovered these designs on Redbubble and they were having a 20% off everything sale on, it was a no brainer and I got them. Now I just need to get my hands on some more Oozma Kappa/Monsters accessories to make a proper themed outfit :D. 

---- 

Loa pride 

Pride month 
They actually released two new pride designs for pride month, but I liked this much better. I didn't think I'd be able to get it as it's a design from a few years ago, but some stores still had it (or they brought out the old stock because it's June) so that was lucky. 

---- 

Baby Groot is now a vase 

Say it with Groot 
When I saw the special food, snacks and souvenir cups that Disneyland Paris was stocking for their Summer of Heroes, I immediately had my mind set on this Baby Groot one. 
When I went to Disneyland Paris, this was the hardest to get as, contrary to the Infinity Gauntlet and Iron Man helmet ones, it was only sold at one stand in the Walt Disney Studios Park. 
Luckily we were there very early into the season, so that stand still had plenty left. From the get go I wanted to use it as a decorative piece, and I figured: what better way to use it as a tiny vase? 
I did put in real flowers for this photo, but now I just put fake ones in there because I feel water in a closed container is just a recipe for disaster if one of the pets pushes it over. 
Click here for a video of it :)

----

And that waterbottle...
That's an edit. Originally, I had my S'well waterbottle in here. Which initially I really liked. But the first time I put sparkling water in there, it started leaking like no tomorrow. Note how it doesn't say on S'wells website, nor the instruction card, that you can't put sparking water or fizzy drinks in there. Note how my, much cheaper, Yoko Design bottle can hold sparkling water just fine. So yeah, no S'well, you are BENCHED from the faves! 

---- 

Find me online: 
twitter - instagram - website 

---- 

Disclaimer: Google is trying to fob off a lot of their GDPR responsability by pretending the responsability to safeguard privacy is with bloggers. I can assure you that I don't collect ANY data on my followers or people that read this blog what so ever, so when it comes to this blog, it's entirely on google.  I will continue to post links to secondary sites, I have no stake in this other than to provide my readers with a handy link, so if you worry about your data when you enter those sites, you'll have to take it up with them. I hope that helps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment