Thursday 26 October 2017

art and shopping in V d'Ascq

Cute Starbucks fall sign

There was an exhibit about André Breton going on at the LaM in Villeneuve-d'Ascq, France. 
I'm not much of a fan, but I had heard good things about the LaM and as both Bert and I both love a good museum visit, we decided to go visit on September the 13th. 
I know, this is a total catch-up backlog post. But hey, at least I'm tackling my backlog :).

Click the cut link for adventures in France.

LAM 

Anyway, we went to the LaM. 
We didn't have very high expectations because in our experience modern art museums can be very pretentious and rubbish (point in case: Bonnefanten and MHKA, to give but two examples). 
But we were really pleasantly surprised.

LAM

LAM 

It's a beautiful building, very well thought out and designed. 
With many corner spaces where you can sit and look out over the park and museum garden (there is a free outside part and so you only pay to visit the building proper). 
Some of the floors have balconies, allowing you to look out over entire wall displays, it's all so well done. 
The entire building is just an amazing feat of architecture. 

Here's some photos of things you can go see in person at the museum.

LAM

LAM

LAM

LAM

LAM

LAM 

If you want to see more, click here.

LAM giftshop 

The giftshop was closed for lunch break when we were done looking around, so I took a photo through the glass. 
Ironically, I could NOT find craftholic stuff in Tokyo, but of course they had them here, figures! 
They didn't have the Sloth bears I wanted though (I want the brown and the Halloween ones). 

silly bathroom mirror selfie, because why not :) 

Random bathroom mirror selfie, because I felt like it :). 

After our visit to the museum, we decided to go to V2, the big mall, because the museum restaurant was closed and we were hungry. 
So lunch at Flunch it was. 
Bert likes Flunch and I am ok with it, but I feel like they serve far too much meat and the vegetables are of doubtful quality. 
I think next time we go there we need to try something else to eat at, or even just get bread and cheese at the Auchan supermarket, because I'm not really comfortable with Flunch food. 
I mean, I do eat meat, but I'm not a huge carnivore. Too much meat just doesn't make me happy, you know.

Too Faced - Mr Right

Too Faced - Mr Right 

We stopped by Sephora because I wanted to get a facemask (I ended up getting the blue one from their own brand) and look at other stuff. 
Bert bought me Mr Right, the fabled Too Face facebrush (worth every cent of that price tag btw, it really IS amazing) and I also got a spare Stinky Panda (TonyMoly, Panda's Dream So Cool Eye Stick, but what's in a name?). 
Very exciting shopping, clearly (but not really). 

I had placed a click and collect order on the Nocibé website the day before, because they had a sale going on on brushes, so I went to go pick that up. There's two Nocibé stores in the mall, so of course I ended up in the wrong one first. But it was ok because the staff was super sweet. 
And they were so kind as to remove the electronic alarm that the Sephora staff had forgotten to remove (it went off there, and they realised I wasn't stealing anything and were too lazy to sort it out, making me beep in every other shop. Thankfully the first shop that happened in was that Nocibé, phew!). 
Apparently I wasn't the first person that had that issue that day either O_o.

Pumpkin Spice all the way! 

We also had a wander through the mall, stopped at Auchan to get some dessert to take home and a few other bits and bobs and ended up at Starbucks, where I got a Pumpkin Spice Frappucino for the first time. I had always stuck to the latte's, but I wasn't in the mood for something warm. 
I actually liked the frappucino better than the latte, so that's what I've been drinking since :D. 

Outfit: 13.9.2017 

Outfit of the day, photo by Bert. 
Flower hairclip: H&M 
Glasses: Theo 
Jacket: H! by Henry Holland 
Blouse: Angelic Pretty 
Skirt: made it myself 
Petticoat: Dear Celine 
Socks: Angelic Pretty (Halloween Treats) 
Boots: Kickers 
Bag: Fossil (with a Zatchels strap) 
Accessories: handmade, Roxy, Disney Store Japan, Tokyo Disney Sea

And that's that for this catch-up post! 
See you on Sunday for The Week in Photos! :)

----

Find me online: 

twitter - instagram - website 

No comments:

Post a Comment