Sunday 28 January 2018

The week in photos: 22-28 January 2018

blog header

This week was full of geekery. 
Which is a good thing in my book! 

Photo of the day: 22.1.2018 

Day 22: Monday, January 22 2018 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
Because I used my TippyBlue bag charm in my Rock the Dots photo, I felt it was appropriate to take a close-up photo of him.
In case anyone is wondering, I bought him at Tokyo DisneySea and TippyBlue is part of the Cape Cod Postal Service. He's one of Duffy's friends, and he's in the dinner shows you can watch in Cape Cod Cook-off. I'm not sure whether he's in the park in any other capacity or if there's more merch, though.

Rock the Dots 

Outfit of the day: 
Well, the light was still not the most cooperative, but it worked out in the end :) Headbow: Accessorize 
Top: H&M 
Minnie Mouse's bow brooch: made it myself 
Skirt: made it myself 
Tights: Insua 
Boots: Kickers 
Bag: Zatchels 
Bag charm: Tokyo Disney Sea

Rock the Dots 

Make-up of the day: 
At least we had better luck with the light for this (no such luck in me not being derpy though ^^). 
BROWS: 
- Canmake Tokyo, cream highlighter in Luminous beige 
- M.A.C, brow sculpt in Cork 
EYES: 
- M.A.C, pro longwear concealer in NC20 
- Too Faced, Chocolate Bon Bons in Divinity, Cashew Chew and Almond Truffle 
- Too Faced, Love Lights prismatic highlighter in Blinded by the Light 
- Yves Rocher, Sexy Pulp mascara in Noir Extréme 
FACE: 
- Canmake Tokyo, cream highlighter in Luminous beige 
- Too Faced, Hangover Primer 
- Too Faced, Love Flush blush in Baby Love 
- Too Faced, Milk Chocolate Soleil bronzer 
LIPS: 
- Sephora, cream lip stain in Always Red 
- Weleda, Everon lip balm 

---- 

Photo of the day: 23.1.2018 

Day 23: Tuesday, January 23 2018 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
I won a give-away that my friend Aly held on her instagram a while back. Yesterday the package arrived, but sadly I wasn't feeling well at all (caught a stomach bug at school, boo!) so I took photos today. 
I also wrote a blog post, which you can read here :) 

---- 

Sleepyhead 

Day 24: Wednesday, January 24 2018 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
I was going to take a photo of my Millennium Falcon dress, but the light indoors was, as usual, utterly shit. 
So I took a photo of Loa cat sleeping on my desk. 
Yes he has a blanky on that desk when it's not in use, he really is that spoiled. 
He actually doesn't like pet beds or cardboard boxes much at all, so he doesn't have any. 
So he has blankets in the sofa, on the bed, on a chair next to the window and on my sewing desk (when I'm not using that desk) instead. Because he does LOVE blankies :).

----

Millennium Falcon dress 

Day 25: Thursday, January 25 2018 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens Another attempt at taking a photo of my Millennium Falcon dress. 
And the light was still SHIT. So yeah, I give up. 
I'll just photograph everything outside on my shit dress model (I can't win) on a day where there's no wind (Hell may freeze over before that happens). 
Shit photo is shit, but there's nothing I can do about it. 

---- 

Photo of the day: 26.1.2018 

Day 26: Friday, January 26 2018 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
Shooting some photos for this month's favourites as next week is going to be a busy week and I want to get everything in order. 

---- 

Photo of the day: 27.1.2018 

Day 27: Saturday, January 26 2018 
Camera: Huawei P9 lite (Bert's phone) 
Goofing around at Primark :). I did not buy that Hedwig bag btw, but it sure made for a fun photo (it's on Bert's insta here).

Outfit: 27.1.2018 

Outfit of the day: 
Finally weekend, so I got to wear the dress I made out of that Millennium Falcon fabric. Star Wars Saturday and all that jazz (not that I'm going to wear this every Saturday mind). 
Hat: thrifted 
Glasses: Theo 
Cardigan: H&M 
Top: H&M 
Dress: made it myself 
Petticoat: Raven 
Tights: HEMA 
Socks: HEMA 
Boots: Kickers 
Bag: Bioworld

Make-up: 27.1.2018 

Make-up of the day: 
Finally weekend, so I got the chance to try out the Sephora palette from Aly's give-away :). 
BROWS: 
- M.A.C, brow sculpt in Cork 
- Too Faced, Love Lights prismatic highlighter in Blinded by the Light 
EYES: 
- M.A.C, pro longwear concealer in NC20 
- M.A.C, technakohl liner in Snowed In 
- Sephora, Wonderful Stars in nrs 3, 4, 7 and 10 
- Yves Rocher, Sexy Pulp mascara in Noir Extréme 
FACE: 
- Sephora, Wonderful Stars in nr 2 
- Too Faced, Hangover Primer 
- Too Faced, Love Lights prismatic highlighter in Blinded by the Light 
LIPS: 
- Sephora, cream lip stain in Frozen Strawberry 
- Weleda, Everon lip balm (as primer) 

---- 

Photo of the day: 28.1.2018 

Day 28: Sunday, January 26 2018 
Camera: Sony XPERIA L1 
Blurry Sok, the neighbours' cat. 
He likes to come over for pettings and food.

Outfit: 28.1.2018 

Outfit of the day: 
I feel like a Hogwarts alumnus. 
Mind you, if I could have picked a fictional school to go to, my first choice would definitely have been St-Trinians (like in the movies). 
They get the best wardrobes too. 
Hat: gifted to me by a friend 
Glasses: Theo 
Top: H&M 
Skirt: handmade by me 
Petticoat: American Apparel 
Leggings: Primark 
Socks: HEMA 
Boots: Kickers 
Bag: Primark 

Make-up: 28.1.2018 

Make-up of the day: 
You can't really tell because we couldn't get the light to cooperate, but my makeup is burgundy and gold for Gryffindor (I know, cliché, but what can you do?!). 
BROWS: 
- M.A.C, brow sculpt in Cork 
- M.A.C, extra dimension skin finish in Beaming Blush 
EYES: 
- M.A.C, pro longwear concealer in NC20 
- M.A.C, eye shadow in Gesso and Gorgeous Gold 
- M.A.C, Semi-Sweet eye shadow x 9 in Everyone's Darling 
- NYX, faux blacks eyeliner in Oxblood 
- Sephora, Wonderful Stars in nrs 5 and 10 
- Yves Rocher, sexy pulp mascara in Brun 
FACE: 
- M.A.C, extra dimension skin finish in Beaming Blush 
- Sephora, Wonderful Stars in nr 2 
- Too Faced, Hangover Primer 

---- 

All daily photos of 2018 are here
Click here for all my outfit shots, and here for all my make-up shots. 
Make-up and outfit shots (unless otherwise indicated) by Bert Van den Wyngaert,

----

Find me online: 
twitter - instagram - website

No comments:

Post a Comment