Sunday 31 December 2017

The past two week in photos: December 18 - 31 2017

blog header

The last two weeks of 2017 in daily photos. 
With some added outfit shots. 
Plus, see how far I ended up getting with the 100 days of make-up in 2017 challenge!
Photo of the day: 18.12.2017 

Day 352: Monday, December 18 2017 + 25 days of Christmas 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
I was trying to take a photo of my snowflake nails, but then Loa cat decided to come and chew on the snowflake oranament I was using as a prop. 
Of course I took it away from it, random plastic things are not good chew toys!

Day 127100 days of make-up in 2017 

Day 127/100 days of make-up in 2017 
PRODUCTS USED: 
- H&M, nail polish in sky light 
- Sephora, base and top coats 
- snowflake nail stickers I got on ebay 

---- 

Deathstar bag 

Day 353: Tuesday, December 19 2017 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
Deathstar bag! 
I really love the Deathstar bag Bert bought me as an early Christmas present. Even though it's tiny and I can barely fit stuff in it, it's still awesome! 
More awesome than Last Jedi, but I feel like that's a given anyway.

Outfit: 19.12.2017 

Outfit of the day 
We went to see Star Wars: The Last Jedi in the cinema. 
For starters, I would have enjoyed it much better if there hadn't been utterly idiotic teens seated near us that just KEPT talking. I had to threaten getting them kicked out of the showing if they didn't shut up, and it barely helped. Bert had to pretty much restrain me from not actually getting up and getting someone from the theatre staff to throw them out. Fucking idiots. 
That aside, I didn't much like this movie. 
It was a jumbled mess that tried VERY HARD and completely FAILED to be Guardians of the Galaxy. I sincerly hope they don't let this incompetent fool of a director do the next trilogy because it will be like the prequel trilogy all over again. 
Gosh, I could rant about this for ages! 
Hat: Disney Store US 
Pin on hat: Disney Store US 
Glasses: Theo 
Scarf: asos 
Cardigan: Primark 
Pin on cardigan: Disneyland Paris 
Top: Primark 
Dress: made it myself 
Lightsaber bracelet: Han Cholo x Think Geek 
Deathstar bag: Bioworld 
Petticoat: Dear Celine 
Leggings: Primark 
Socks: HEMA 
Boots: Palladiums 

Day 128/100 days of make-up in 2017 

Day 128/100 days of make-up in 2017 
Please excuse the crap lipstick application, I was in a rush. 
BROWS: 
- M.A.C, brow sculpt in Cork 
- Too Faced, Love Lights prismatic highlighter in Blinded by the Light 
EYES: 
- M.A.C, pro longwear concealer in NC20 
- M.A.C, size to go Zoom lash in Beets Me 
- NYX, multitasker mixing medium 
- Sugarpill, loose eyeliner in Asylum 
- Too Faced, Chocolate Bon Bons in Dark Truffle 
- Too Faced, Natural Eyes in Heaven, Nudie, Chocolate Martini and Honey Pot FACE: 
- M.A.C, extra dimension skin finish in Beaming Blush 
- Too Faced, Hangover Primer 
- Too Faced, Milk Chocolate Soleil bronzer 
- Too Faced, Love Flush blush in Baby Love 
- Too Faced, Love Lights prismatic highlighter in Blinded by the Light 
LIPS: 
- Too Faced, Melted Matte in Gingerbread Man 
- Weleda, Everon lip balm (as primer) 

---- 

Ride or Die 2017 

Day 354: Wednesday, December 20 2017 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
My 2017 Ride or Die beauty products! 
Or better said: the products that are my all time faves. 
You can read all about them here

---- 

Christmas at Euralille mall 

Day 355: Thursday, December 21 2017 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
Bert and I went to Lille, France, and of course one of the things we did was visiting the Euralille mall. Which had stunning Christmas decorations up. You can read all about that trip here

---- 

Christmas candle 

Day 356: Friday, December 22 2017 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
My Christmas candle from Maisons du Monde, which smells super nice. 
And my star shaped string lights from HEMA. 
For no reason other than me wanting to take a Christmassy photo. 

---- 

Photo of the day: 23.12.2017 

Day 357: Saturday, December 23 2017 + Caturday 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
Loa cat is "helping" me craft some ornaments for family members.

Outfit: 23.12.2017 

Outfit of the day 
I got so well and truly tired of editting and wrapping what felt like a million gifts that I couldn't help but wonder how Santa's poor elves must feel this close to Christmas. 
So I did this look by means of a break, because lord knows I needed a break. And clearly, my sanity was leaking out of my ears at that point. 
Glasses: Theo 
Wrapping thingamajigs: Flying Tiger Copenhagen 
Scarf: H&M 
Tacky Christmas sweater: H&M 
Skirt: made it myself 
Petticoat: American Apparel 
Leggings: Primark 
Socks: HEMA 
Boots: sacha 

Day 129/100 days of make-up in 2017

Day 129/100 days of make-up in 2017 
BROWS: 
- M.A.C, brow sculpt in Cork 
- Sugarpill, loose eyeshadow in Ghosted 
EYES: 
- M.A.C, pro longwear concealer in NC20 
- M.A.C, technakohl liner in Snowed In 
- M.A.C, in extreme dimension color lash mascara/work it out in Muscle Tee 
- NYX, hot singles shadow in Diamond Lust 
- Sugarpill, pressed eyeshadow in Tako 
FACE: 
- M.A.C, extra dimension skin finish in Beaming Blush 
- M.A.C, sized to go pigment in Chartreuse 
- M.A.C, sized to go strobe cream 
- Yves Rocher, Botanical Color Eyeshadow in Citron 
- Yves Rocher, 40 Eyeshadow Palette in 62. Lavande, 82. Lichen and 84. Menthe 
- Sugarpill, loose eyeshadow in Ghosted 
- Too Faced, Hangover Primer 
- Too Faced, Chocolate Bon Bons in Cotton Candy 
LIPS: 
- Sephora, cream lip stain in Copper Blush 
- Too Faced, Chocolate Bon Bons in Cotton Candy 
- Weleda, Everon lip balm 

---- 

fox brooch and ornament 

Day: 358: Sunday, December 24 2017 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
I got some wooden fox craft things and decided to rummage around in my other craft supplies to see what I could find to make a fox ornament for my friends Dan and Jon. That's the one on the right. 
The other one is a simple brooch, which is exactly what I wanted :).

Outfit: 24.12.2017 

Outfit of the day Cozy and comfortable for Christmas eve at the inlaws. 
Holly headband: H&M 
Glasses: Theo 
Top: New Look 
Cardigan: H&M 
Skirt: made it myself 
Petticoat: Dear Celine 
Leggings: H&M 
Socks: HEMA 
Boots: Palladium 

Day 131/100 days of make-up in 2017 

Day 130/100 days of make-up in 2017 
I tried a smudgy look with liner and pigment, but the pigment was too close to my skin tone, oops! 
BROWS: 
- M.A.C, brow sculpt in Cork 
EYES: 
- M.A.C, pro longwear concealer in NC20 
- M.A.C, technakohl liner in Brass Band 
- M.A.C, sized to go pigment in Tan 
- NYX, multitasker mixing medium 
- Yves Rocher, Sexy Pulp mascara 
- Sephora, fingertip eyeliner in Metallic Gold 
FACE: 
- Canmake Tokyo, highlighter in Baby Beige 
- M.A.C, sized to go strobe cream 
LIPS: 
- Too Faced, Melted Matte in Gingerbread Man 
- Weleda, Everon lip balm (as primer) 

---- 

Santa, Loa can explain 

Day 359: Monday, December 25 2017 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
By way of Christmas wishes, Loa cat and I did a little photo story sequence thingamajig on my blog, because it's funny (at least I think it is). 
You can see all of it here

---- 

Christmas presents 

Day 360: Tuesday, December 26 2017 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
My Christmas presents this year that were opened on Christmas Eve and Christmas. 
Film from Eric via the Emulsive Secret Santa exchange. 
A super cute Otto keychain from Clara. 
Too Faced sets from Bert and chocolate from my dad. 
I also got some money, but that's not in the photo because that'd just be tacky. I wrote a review about the Too Faced sets here
I did a bunch of different make-up looks for my Too Faced Christmas releases review, but rather than chucking them all here, I'm just going to link you to the blog post where you can see them all :). 

---- 

Disney in Concert! 

Day 361: Wednesday, December 27 2017 
Camera: Sony XPERIA L1 
Bert and I went to Disney in Concert in Brussels Expo and it was so much fun!
I'll be writing more about it soon! 

---- 

Best in beauty 2017 

Day 362: Thursday, December 28 2017 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
I did my worst in beauty, and so of course, I had to do my best in beauty too. 
I really like doing posts like the best of and ride or die, because it really forces me to critically look at my make-up stash, and see what I actually really use and what I don't gravitate towards. 
That really helps me determine what I still actually need, and what I would still use if I were to get it. 
At this point, I feel like I have enough makeup and I only need some white pigment (I don't use eyeliners, I use pigment + mixing medium instead, same effect, but you basically get a product that lasts a lot longer) and to replace things that either expire or run out (although running out is far more likely than expiring, which is good). 

---- 

Beauty trash 

Day 263: Friday, December 29 2017 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
2017 (most of it at least) empties. Empties is basically beauty trash. 
I felt like I was dealing with a lot of it, so about halfway through April, I decided I was going to keep all my beauty trash, where possible, in one big bag and see how much I'd have at the end of the year. 
This is haircare, samples, makeup and skincare from nearly 8 months. 
With exeption of facemasks, travel sized shampoo bottles and steamcream pots. The first because they are leaky and it'd just make the bag gross and the second because the bottles and pots get cleaned out and reused, so they don't really count as empties. 
In any case, it is truly shocking to see how much stuff is in there. 
I'm going to do a proper empties post next year, and keep a really tight list of everything I've used from January 1st. 
I'm sure it'll be even more mindblowing. 
I have already started cutting down on removers. I will still use wet wipes, but ONLY on the go (where I have no real alternative). I have no gotten special cotton washcloths from HEMA to remove my makeup, which means I will only use cotton pads for my eye makeup (as they are no way soft enough to use on my eyes and a normal wash cloth drains too much product).
It's little things, but they cut out quite a bit of packaging I feel.
I wish Urtekram and Yves Rocher bottles could be returned, because they can absolutely be reused by the brand I feel.
Instead of using sheet masks, I will use facemasks from tubes. Because it's just a lot less waste really. 
I know its just little things, but if enough people start to think about this kind of thing and make changes, it could really make a difference, I feel.

---- 

December faves 

Day 264: Saturday, December 30 2017 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
End of the month means time for monthly favourites! 
You can read all about my December faves here :). 

----

#2017bestnine 

Day 265: Sunday, December 30 2017 
What better way to close the year than by sharing my top 9 instagram photos from 2017! 
Yes, I will admit, I was too busy helping Bert cook for his grandparents, etc, to take a real photo. 

Loa cat is a lazy furball 

But in case people feel like that doesn't count, have a snapshot of Loa cat who is refusing to pose pretty, as usual ;) 
Camera: Sony XPERIA L1 

Outfit: 31.12.2017 

Outfit of the day 
It POURED for most of the day, but in between showers it was just very windy. 
Hat: Failsworth 
Glasses: Theo 
Top: HEMA 
Scarf: Lazy Oaf 
Skirt: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright x Disney Store Japan 
Petticoat: Dear Celine 
Tights: H&M 
Socks: HEMA 
Boots: sacha 

Day 135/100 days of make-up in 2017 

Day 135/100 days of make-up 
I set out to do 100 make-up looks in 2017, and got photos of 135 ones! 
I actually wore make-up more than that I got make-up shots, so I feel I did pretty well. 
I don't think I'll do 100 days of make-up in 2018, but I will continue to post outfit and make-up shots :). 
BROWS: 
- M.A.C, brow sculpt in Cork 
- M.A.C, extra dimension skin finish in Beaming Blush 
EYES: 
- M.A.C, sized to go zoom lash in Beets Me 
- M.A.C, Semi-Sweet eye shadow x 9 in Mocha Minded 
- NYX, multitasker mixing medium 
- Yves Rocher, Nude Botanical Color palette in Magnolia 
- Sugarpill, loose pigment in Ghosted 
- Too Faced, Natural Eyes in Nudie, Cashmere Bunny and Chocolate Martini FACE: 
- M.A.C, extra dimension skin finish in Beaming Blush 
- Too Faced, Hangover primer 
- Too Faced, Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer 
- Too Faced, Love Flush blush in Baby Love 
LIPS: 
- Too Faced, Melted Chocolate in Chocolate Honey 
- Weleda, Everon lip balm (as primer) 

---- 

All daily photos of 2017 are here
I have to say that the set is not complete yet, as there are still photos stuck on my Agfa Paramat. I _really_ need to finish up that roll of film! 
Click here for all my outfit shots, and here for all my make-up shots.

----
Find me online:
twitter - instagram - website



No comments:

Post a Comment