Monday 4 December 2017

Instant pumpkin spice, is it worth it?

instant Pumpkin Spice latte! 

I hear a lot of talk about the Starbucks Via Instant for Pumpkin Spice Latte. Admittedly, and I'm not ashamed to admit this, I asked my friend Jon to please pick up some of this stuff for me the second I heard about it, which he kindly did (thank you Jon!). 

Now, I am very well aware that not everyone has friends in the US that are willing to pick up stuff for them and drag it off to the post office (thank you Dan!), so here's my post for those that are considering paying top dollar (or whatever your currency is) for this stuff. 

Pumpkin Spice lattejust a quiet Autumn afternoon 

So how does it work? 
It's dead easy. You open a packet, pour the powder it in a cup and pour hot water on top of that. 
I prefer to stir it around a few times just to make sure everything is dissolved, but it's really THAT easy (coincidentally the “pour hot water onto me” is the instructions). 
It does list how much hot water you should pour on, but frankly, I just use a regular sized mug and fill it and that does the trick just fine.

Pumpkin Spice ingredients 

There's a full list of “nutricional values” on there too, and that just confirms what we all knew: this stuff isn't really good for you. 
But let's be real, did anyone really expect novelty coffee to be a health drink? 
Of course not. 

It's worth noting that whilst you can get vegan versions of the Pumpkin Spice latte at Starbucks, this stuff is decidedly NOT vegan. 
I just to put that out there in case vegan readers were considering buying this.

instant Pumpkin Spice latte! 

So is it worth it? 
Well, it tastes exactly like the Pumpkin Spice lattes I've gotten from Starbucks in Antwerp this year (the Central station one). 
Which makes me wonder what the real difference is between the instant and the “fresh” version, but that aside. 
So I feel you need to ask yourself the following questions: 
Exactly how much do I love Pumpkin Spice lattes? 
How badly do I want MORE of the stuff? 
Can I live without more of it 'till next Pumpkin Spice season in 2018? 
If the answer to 1 and 2 is yes and 3 is no, you might want to check your finances and see if you can comfortably afford to buy this (frankly if you can't, it's still your money and you do with it as you please, but you know, in the end of the day this is just a novely instant coffee), well you might as well get your hands on this. 

instant Pumpkin Spice latte! 

I will happily admit that whilst I'm super glad I had this, because it IS good stuff, I wouldn't have spent the money on getting it via a regular website. 
I don't love Pumpkin Spice lattes enough to pay that kind of money for them. 

It also needs mentioning that this stuff is a LOT heavier on the stomach than the Pumpkin Spice latte's I've had in Belgium. 
As this continuously gave me a tummy ache, I gave my second pack to my sister, who really appreciated the gift of Pumpkin Spice (she gave me season 1 of Torchwood and her old bowler hat, I feel that the trade is super fair). 

 So yeah, it all depends on how obsessed you are with the stuff, but I personally wouldn't shell out big bucks for it. 
I'm miffed it didn't work out for me really, because if it had I could have made sure to keep myself up to the eyeballs into it year after year. 
But hey, at least I got to try this and find out! 
So again, many thanks to my friends Dan and Jon! :)

In the meantime, I'll just patiently wait for the next Pumpkin Spice season to start, and indulge on freshly made Pumpkin Spice frappucinos like I did this year :D.

---- 

Find me online: 

twitter - instagram - website

No comments:

Post a Comment