Friday 1 December 2017

December flashback favourites

blog header 

I had quite a few things last year, so let's see how many have survived since then...
Favourites of December 

VS 

Flashback faves 

---- 

Loa approves of fluffy make-up brushes 

Spectrum Collections, Marbleous 7 piece smoke set 
I’ve had these for nearly a year now, and I have to say that these are some of the best brushes Spectrum has ever done. 
There really is a difference between this version, and the regular unicorn version of the brushes. These are less soft (still soft) and more dense than the regular ones, which makes me like these just that little bit more than their regular versions (I have regular version doubles/multiples of several of these brushes). 
If you will put all the brushes in a Marbleous set to use, I would definitely recommend them. 
It’s not that I wouldn’t recommend the regular Spectrum brushes (I would), but these are just that little extra bit better AND a set is cheaper than buying them all separate. 
But as Spectrum now sells these separately, you can just what ever you like from it. I might get a few more blenders at some point. 
As you can tell from that photo of all my Spectrum brushes, I own quite a few by the brand now :). 
In the opening photo there's only the ones from the set I love most though. 

---- 

Loa likes the purple 

M.A.C, eye shadow (refill pan) in Indian Ink 
Still own it, but I hardly ever use it. Not just because I don't use purple eye shadow that often, but mostly because I now own Poison Plum by Sugarpill AND there is a dupe for this in my Yves Rocher 40 shadows palette which is WAY better than the M.A.C one. 
So yeah, don't love it anymore at all, because I have better shadows now. 

----

csm_759396_884e53748f 

essence, waterproof eye make-up remover wipes 
Holy grail go to wipes right there. 
They get off ANYTHING and EVERYTHING make-up wise. 
I love these. 
I’ve gone through so many pots of this stuff since I discovered them. 
Sadly, back in August essence decided to discontinue them, making me buy as many jars as possible (at only € 2 a piece that was thankfully not a bank breaking event) to stock up. 
Currently I'm down to about 1,5 pot :(.
So this is the last year that this is part of my flashback faves, but only because it's discontinued. If it weren't I'd still be buying this stuff! 

----

web_meltedmatte_closed_eviltwin
Too Faced, Melted Matte lipstick in Evil Twin 
Remember that entire description of how I do this colour lipstick back in June? Well, that. 
Love the packaging, love the colour, far too drying on its own. 
I'm totally over this. I'm not the only one that has issues with Evil Twin, it seems like this is the total fluke from the Melted Matte range. 
Too bad, because the colour is amazing.

Day 25/100 days of make-up in 2017 

---- 

home-made organic lip scrub 

home-made organic lip scrub 
I still make this occasionally. 
I don't have one right now because I have a scrubby lip balm from Sephora I'm using up first. Which is why it's not on the opening shot. 
It's got limited shelf life so there's no use making it if I'm not going to be using it after all. 
That's just a waste of ingredients. 
Once the Sephora honey lip balm scrub is gone, I'll make this again.

---- 

M.A.C blush in Dollymix 

M.A.C, blush in Dollymix 
Whilst I can’t fault the formula of this blush in any way, this is probably the powder blush I use the least. 
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with it, it’s just that I like my other ones so much more that this one barely gets used at all. 
I still own it, and I won't get rid of it, but it's not a fave anymore. 
I don't dislike it either. 
It's literally just a case of loving my other blushes that I bought after this one more. 
I do feel like I wear it a little more around the holidays, because it's the kind of darker pink that suits a lot of holiday looks. 
But during the rest of the year, it's the one I gravitate to the least. 

---- 

setting powder and multifunctional spray 

M.A.C, fix+ 
I still like fix+, I use it all the time on shadows that can be used wet, or to activate bodypaint. 
I don't think I can go through a full sized bottle before expiration date, so next time I'll buy a travel size instead. 
But I would repurchase it for sure. 

NYX, HD Studio Photogenic Finishing Powder 
I don't even know how this made it into my faves at some point, because it's utterly shite. 
Admittedly my experience with finishing/setting powders is limited, but this was definitely the worst I have tried. 
It has flashback like you wouldn't believe, and it is utterly useless for SFX work. I don't even own it anymore. 
This has literally been thrown out, it was too shite to give to someone else. 
I like my friends too much to inflict this on them. 

---- 

Photo of the day: 26.12.2016 (day 361) 

I Love Crafty x Pony People, orange kitty ice lollies necklace 
Gods this is just so damn cute, I love it so much. 
Especially during summer I got so much wear out of this. 
It’s like the ultimate summer kitty necklace. 
Of course, I wear it whenever I feel like it, regardless the time of year. 

---- 

Photo of the day: 22.12.2016 (day 357) 

Brian Kesinger, Sketch book volume 1 
Still awesome. 
Wouldn’t purchase any more of his books though unless I can get them off a site like bookdepository.com or wordery.com because I had to pay nearly € 40 in customs on it and I just can’t afford that kind of crap anymore. 
Well, I _can_ but I just don't want to, I can think of better ways to spend my cash than to hand it over to customs. 

---- 

Photo of the day: 21.12.2016 (day 356) 

Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, volume 1: BFF 
I still buy the single issues, and I have all the soft cover volumes, AND all the single issues. 
‘Nuff said. 
This series is epic, if you haven’t read it yet, I totally recommend it. 
Because yes, the story is as awesome as the cover suggests, more so even! 

---- 

my desk calendar 

Dag Allemaal, 2017 animal calendar 
I used this as a desk calendar all of 2017, it's so cute and practical. 
I would love it if they did another one this year. 
I would actually BUY the rag that is Dag Allemaal just for the cute animal calendar. Then I would take out the calendar, read the Week van Marek comic at the end and pass it to Bert's gran. 
Or maybe I'll first use it for the TV guide, that way it has some use to it :D.

---- 

Past flashback favourites. 

Find me online: 
twitter - instagram - website 

No comments:

Post a Comment