Sunday 8 October 2017

The week in photos: September 25 - October8 2017

Blog header: two weeks worth of daily shots

Two weeks worth of photographic adventures and day 1-8/31days of Halloween!
Photo of the day: 25.9.2017 (day 268) 

Day 268: Monday, September 25 2017 
Camera: Sony XPERIA L1 (phone) 
Another sewing wip. 
I have had my eye on this Alice in Wonderland fabric for a while. 
They sell it in 75 x 100cm pieces at Veritas, and in the end I caved and got it because I know I'll regret it if I don't and they stop selling it (which will be sooner or later). 
I had to put it sideways (topsy-turvy!) to get it to work, but as it's a Wonderland print, that's no big deal :). 
It's a slow process to a skirt, as I only sew a little every day on breaks from editing BCM, but eventually it'll be a skirt. 

---- 

Photo of the day: 26.9.2017 (day 269) 

Day 269: Tuesday, September 26 2017 
Camera: Sony XPERIA L1 (phone) 
Halloween is drawing nearer and nearer, so you have been warned, expect all kinds of madness over the course of the following weeks! 
I found these hairclips at H&M (the kids section). 
I also have glitter bats, but they don't photograph well at all, so that's why there's just these in the picture. 

----

Photo of the day: 27.9.2017 (day 270) 

Day 270: Wednesday, September 27 2017 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
I went to pick up my Halloween order at HEMA and they also had bat ligthing. Which wasn't on the website. 
So I picked that up too. 
It was the very last set of bat shaped string lights so I grabbed them whilst I could! 

---- 

Photo of the day: 28.9.2017 (day 271) 

Day 271: Thusday, September 28 2017 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
The other bat lights I got at HEMA on Tuesday. 
It's a cheap circus lamp, and you have to basically put most of it together in the cardboard frame. 
Which I don't mind at all because it's hella cool :). 

---- 

Photo of the day: 29.9.2017 (day 272) 

Day 272: Friday, September 29 2017 
Camera: Sony XPERIA L1 (phone) 
My I Love Crafty Halloween order arrived earlier this week, so here's a picture of the adorable brooches I bought! 
They got here super fast too, and there was also some Halloween confetti, a lollipop and a cute sticker inside. 
I love how much care is put into the packaging, it's always such a joy to receive an order from I Love Crafty! 

---- 

Favourites of September 

Day 273: Saturday, September 30 2017 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
Last day of the month means favourites of the month! 
Read all about them here on my blog :).

Loa takes treats very serious 

Caturday! 
Loa's Halloween t-shirt arrived in the mail, and it just doesn't fit him right :(. Nevertheless I took a photo of him wearing it. 
That bitch face is legit because I wouldn't feed him more treats, he didn't much mind the top. 
I'll give this one to a friend who has a chihuahua and buy another top for Loa, in his actual size (SS instead of S) this time. 

---- 

Pumpkin Spice frappucino 

Day 274: Sunday, October 1 2017 
Camera: Sony XPERIA L1 (phone) 
Shopping in Antwerp with my friend Claire. 
We were hunting for Halloween things! :D

Outfit: 1.10.2017 

Day 1/31 days of Halloween 
I am doing 31 days of Halloween this year over on my instagram account, but I will post here too. 
The fabric of this dress is called October Afternoon, so I felt it was an excellent way to kick off Halloween month :). 

Day 1/31 days of Halloween 

BROWS: 
- M.A.C, brow sculpt in Cork 
EYES: 
- M.A.C, eye shadow in Rule 
- M.A.C, technakohl liner in Snowed In 
- M.A.C, pro longwear concealer in NC20 
- Yves Rocher, Volume Elixir mascara in Blue 
- Sephora, colorguard eyeshadow primer 12H 
- Too Faced, Chocolate Bon Bons palette in Divinity 
FACE: 
- Too Faced, Hangover Primer 
- Too Faced, Love Lights prismatic highlighter in Blinded by the Light 
- Too Faced, Sweet Peach Glow blush 
LIPS: 
- Sephora, Rouge Shine in Latin Lover 
- Weleda, Everon lip balm (as primer) 
I'm also running a countdown to Halloween on my insta, so if you're interested in that, check it out, come say hi! :) 

---- 

Flashback favourites - October 2017 

Day 275: Monday, October 2 2017 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
Flashback faves! 
Find out what I still own from last year's October faves and how I feel about these things a year later :). 

Day 2/31 days of Halloween 

Day 2/31 days of Halloween 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
Candy Corn nails for ManiMonday! 
- Citadel Colours, acrylic paint in Sunburst Yellow 
- essence, colour and go in Flashy Pumpkin 
- Sephora, base and top coat 
- Talens, acrylic paint in white 

---- 

Photo of the day: 3.10.2017 (day 276) 

Day 276: Tuesday, October 3 2017 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
Loa cat on my desk wearing my Gelatoni face towel as a scarf. 

Outfit: 3.10.2017 

Day 3/31 days of Halloween
Beret: H&M 
Glasses: Theo 
Jacket: H! by Henry Holland 
Top: H&M 
Skirt: made it myself 
Petticoat: Dear Celine 
Socks: Angelic Pretty 
Shoes: Butterfly Twists 
Accessories: Poorman's Gold Label, Angelic Pretty, Fiendies, Roxy

31 days of Halloween 

BROWS: 
- M.A.C, brow sculpt in Cork 
EYES: 
- M.A.C, pro longwear concealer in NC20 
- M.A.C, in extreme dimension lash mascara 
- M.A.C, Semi-Sweet eye shadow x 9 in Drawing a Blanc 
- M.A.C, Tropic Cool eye shadow x 9 in Bright-Sided and Lemon Rush 
- M.A.C, eye shadow in Gesso 
- M.A.C, technakohl liner in Snowed In 
- NYX, eye shadow base in skin tone 
- Too Faced, Natural Eyes in Heaven and Nudie 
- Sugarpill, pressed eyeshadow in Flamepoint 
FACE: 
- Canmake Tokyo, highlighter in Baby Beige 
- M.A.C, sized to go strobe cream 
LIPS: 
- Sephora, cream lip stain in Copper Blush 
- Weleda, Everon lip balm (primer) 

---- 

Day 4/31 days of Halloween 

Day 277: Wednesday, October 4 2017 
Day 4/31 days of Halloween 
Camera: Sony XPERIA L1 (phone) 
Just a quick doodly mixed media painting of a kitten and a pumpkin :). 
Kuretake paint; Letraset pro-markers, HEMA and Steadler (fine)markers, brush pens I picked up at Sedaiko in Tokyo and some Cotman watercolours. 
My scanner doesn't know what to do with most watercolour painting so I tend to take photos of it. Which does mean they count as daily photographs of course :D. 

---- 

Photo of the day: 5.10.2017 (day 278) 

Day 278: Thursday, October 5 2017 
Camera: Sony XPERIA L1 (phone) 
Skirt: made it myself 
Socks: Soxi 
Sneakers: customised by me 

Day 5/31 days of Halloween 

Day 5/31 days of Halloween 
Just some daily wear autumnal glam :) 
BROWS: 
- M.A.C, brow sculpt in Cork 
EYES: 
- M.A.C, pro longwear concealer in NC20 
- M.A.C, sized to go zoom lash mascara in Beets Me 
- M.A.C, technakohl liner in Brass Band 
- M.A.C, Semi-Sweet eye shadow x 9 in Drawing a Blanc, Bamboo, Mocha          Minded, Outre and Dancing in the Dark 
- M.A.C, eye shadow in Amber Lights 
- NYX, eye shadow base in skin tone 
- Too Faced, Natural Eyes in Chocolate Martini 
FACE: 
- M.A.C, natural radiance primer in Radiant Pink 
- M.A.C, sized to go strobe cream 
- M.A.C, extra dimension skin finish in Beaming Blush 
- Too Faced, Milk Chocolate Soleil bronzer 
- Too Faced, Sweet Peach Glow blush 
LIPS: 
- Sugarpill, Liquid lip color in Pumpkin Spice 
- Weleda, Everon lip balm (primer) 

---- 

Photo of the day: 6.10.2017 (day 279) 

Day 279: Friday, October 6 2017 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
Lock is an adorable Dorbz. 
I don't generally collect this kind of thing, but this one I could not resist.

Day 6/31 days of Halloween 

Day 6/31 days of Halloween 
Tried my hand at a retro style glam look, which I'm not sure I succeeded at. 
And those hair spiders, they had one job goddammit and they still fell out loads. 
BROWS: 
- Benefit, Goof Proof brow pencil in 3 
EYES: 
- M.A.C, pro longwear concealer in NC20 
- M.A.C, in extreme dimension lash mascara 
- M.A.C, eye shadow in Lime 
- M.A.C, Tropic Cool eye shadow x 9 in Neoprene Green and She's a Model 
- M.A.C, technakohl liner in Sourpuss 
- NYX, eye shadow base in skin tone 
FACE: 
- essence, blossom dreams rainbow highlight in prism of light, peach part 
- M.A.C, eye shadow in Rule (as blush) 
LIPS: 
- Too Faced, Melted Matte in Evil Twin 

---- 

Photo of the day: 7.10.2017 (day 280) 

Day 280: Saturday, October 7 2017 
Camera: Sony XPERIA L1 (phone) 
Skirt: made it myself 
Socks: Angelic Pretty 
Shoes: Butterfly Twists 

Day 7/31 days of Halloween 

Day 7/31 days of Halloween 
PRODUCTS USED 
- Barry M, matte lipstick in black 
- BE Creative Make Up, photo perfecting primer 
- Catrice, liquid eyeliner in Dating Joe Black 
- M.A.C, eye shadow in Gesso 
- M.A.C, Semi-Sweet eye shadow x 9 in Carbon 
- M.A.C, Tropic Cool eye shadow x 9 in Bright-Sided and Lemon Rush 
- M.A.C, in extreme dimension lash mascara 
- NYX, ultimate shadows Brights palette in nr 5 
- NYX, retractable eyeliner in black 
- Yves Rocher, waterproof eyeliner in Noir 
- Yves Rocher, botanical color eyeshadow in Noir ébène mat
- Snazaroo, Adventure palette in white and yellow 
- Sugarpill, pressed eyeshadow in Love+

Originally Birdie and I were going to try our hand at kubist Jack o' Lanterns, which we had seen on instagram. 
But then I had the idea (under the shower, as these things go lol) to do Mondriaan Jack o' Lanterns instead, because I had never seen anyone do those and neither had Birdie. S
o that's what we did. 
I wish my eyesight without glasses was a lot better, because my linework suffered (as usual when I can't see what I'm doing) but I still like how it came out. 
I wish I had all Sugarpill eyeshadows to work with though, because the M.A.C and NYX ones were a mite well, sub par (and then people say I can't be tactful). Click here for Birdie's version, which is super awesome! 
And definitely look at her YouTube video about the look, because it's soooooo cool! 



---- 

Photo of the day: 8.10.2017 (day 281) 

Day 281: Sunday, October 8 2017 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
October 8 is World Octopus Day, so Octopi and tentacles it is! 
This is a close-up shot of one of the octopi from my HEMA octopus string lights :). 

Day 8/31 days of Halloween - World Octopus Day 

Day 8/31 days of Halloween 
BROWS: 
- M.A.C, brow sculpt in Cork 
EYES: 
- LunatiCK Cosmetic Labs, eyeshadow in Brainz 
- M.A.C, pro longwear concealer in NC20 
- M.A.C, technakohl liner in Snowed In 
- M.A.C, Tropic Cool eye shadow x 9 in Liquid Sky 
- NYX, hot singles eyes shadow in Kandi 
- Yves Rocher, botanical color eyeshadow in Lavande Nacré and Gris Armoise Mat 
- Yves Rocher, Volume Elixir in Blue 
FACE: 
- BE creative make up, photo perfecting primer 
- LunatiCK Cosmetic Labs, eyeshadow in Brainz 
- M.A.C, blush in Full of Joy 
- M.A.C, sized to go strobe cream 
- M.A.C, Tropic Cool eye shadow x 9 in Liquid Sky 
- NYX, hot singles eyes shadow in Kandi 
- NYX, wonder pencil in light 
- Yves Rocher, botanical color eyeshadow in Lavande Nacré and Gris Armoise Mat 
- Yves Rocher, eyeliner in Brown 
LIPS: 
- M.A.C, lipstick in 4EVA 
- Yves Rocher, eyeliner in Brown 
- Too Faced, La Crème in Unicorn Tear 
- Weleda, Everon lip balm (primer)

Otto Scarf 

And just because... 
My friend Clara got me this amazing Otto & Victoria scarf, I love it so, so much! Perfect, and not just for Octopus Day or Air Kraken Day! :D 

----

Make-up and outfit photos by Bert Van den Wyngaert
All daily photos of 2017. 

---- 

Find me online: twitter - instagram - website - old blog (it's to say, I double post, but my years and years of posting is on there as I've had it since 2003)

No comments:

Post a Comment