Monday 30 October 2017

The week in photos: October 24-29 2017 #dailyphoto #photography

blog header 

Halloween and other adventures!
Day 23/31 days of Halloween

Day 196: Monday, October 23 2017
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens

Day 23/31 days of Halloween

Day 23/31 days of Halloween 
Jack o' Lantern nails inspired by The Nightmare before Christmas 
- essence, colour and go in flashy pumpkin 
- Posca marker in brown 
- Sharpie fineliner in black 
- Sephora, base and top coat 

---- 

Day 24/31 days of Halloween

Day 197: Tuesday, October 24 2017
Camera: Sony XPERIA L1 
Day 24/31 days of Halloween 
The Soothsayer's hand. 
This is actually my most popular 31 days of Halloween look on insta so far. 
- random doll eye I had lying around 
- M.A.C, Semi-Sweet eye shadow x 9 in Bamboo, Dancing in the Dark, Everyone's Darling, Mocha Minded, Carbon and Persuade 
- M.A.C, pro longwear concealer in NC20 
- M.A.C, next to nothing foundation in light 
- Pros-aide adhesive 
- Snazaroo, special FX wax 
- Too Faced, Born this Way setting powder (I swear, this stuff is the BEST SFX powder) 
- Yamada Denki, 100 yen budget lashes (no use buying expensive lashes if you're just going to ruin them in the look!) 

---- 

Photo of the day: 25.10.2017

Day 198: Wednesday, October 25 2017
Camera: Sony XPERIA L1 
Like I've said before a few times, I am normally against other holidays before Halloween. Sadly, stores don't agree with me, and Christmas (and often Sinterklaas also) are in full swing. 
HEMA has it's Christmas section up, and I did have a look. 
 They had this cute camera ornament, which I am REFUSING to buy on the grounds of "NO CHRISTMAS BEFORE HALLOWEEN", but I still took a photo :). Too bad it's so fragile or I would have gotten a few to send out to my camera friends, but it'll NEVER make it to them in one piece, no matter how careful I wrap it :(.

Day 25/31 days of Halloween

Day 25/31 days of Halloween 
NuPennywise. 
I didn't care much for the IT remake, but I do still adore the updated look and costume of Pennywise. So I caved and bandwagoned and also did a look. 
THANK GOD most of my looks were pre-shot, because at this point I was on day 5 of the extreme allergic reaction to Glamglow's Gravity mud (ongoing story about that here) and there was no way I could have wore makeup on my face. Well, I could wear lipstick and eyeshadow but considering the state my face was in, it would NOT have made for a nice photo at all. 
BROWS: 
- M.A.C, brow sculpt in Cork 
EYES: 
- M.A.C, sized to go zoom lash in Beets Me 
- M.A.C, Semi-Sweet eye shadow x 9 in Drawing a Blanc, Bamboo, Mocha Minded, Dancing in the Dark and Carbon 
- NYX, eye shadow base in skin tone 
FACE: 
- BE creative make up, photo perfecting primer 
- Canmake Tokyo, highlighter in Baby Beige 
- Canmake Tokyo, cream highlighter in Luminous Beige 
- M.A.C, sized to go strobe cream 
- M.A.C, Semi-Sweet eye shadow x 9 in Everyone's Darling 
- Too Faced, Love Lights prismatic highlighter in Blinded by the Light 
- Too Faced, Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer 
- Snazaroo, adventure palette in red 
- Sugarpill, pressed eyeshadow in Love+ 
LIPS: 
- Canmake Tokyo, Lip Tint Jam in 01. Cherry Jam 
- M.A.C, Semi-Sweet eye shadow x 9 in Everyone's Darling 
- Sephora, Rouge in Hot Tango 
- Weleda, Everon lip balm (as primer) 

---- 

Day 26/31 days of Halloween

Day 199: Thursday, October 26 2017
Day 26/31 days of Halloween
Camera: Sony XPERIA L1 
This was actually not a pre-shot look. 
I had originally planned to do a zipper face, but as my face was still suffering allergy doom, I ended up doing it on my arm instead. 
- BE creative make up, photo perfecting primer 
- NYX, Liquid Suede in Cherry Skies - Pros-aide, adhesive 
- Sephora, Cream Lip Stain in Pretty Auburn 
- Snazaroo, Special FX gel blood 
- Too Face, Melted Matte in Evil Twin 
- Zipper, can normally be found at any place that sells sewing supplies. This one was one I had lying around, which is why it's bright blue (but I didn't want to go out and spend money on a nicer coloured one because I knew it'd be ruined after this). 

---- 

Photo of the day: 27.10.2017

Day 200: Friday, October 27 2017
Camera: Sony XPERIA L1 
My trusty bike, with my stuff still in the basket :)

Day 27/31 days of Halloween

Day 27/31 days of Halloween 
Originally I had another look planned, but as my face is STILL in shambles (do yourself a favour and avoid Glamglow products like the plague, they are NOT good for you!), I decided to do nail art. 
I had to do my nails for the weekend anyway, after all. 
- essence, Bootiful Nights nail stickers 
- Daiso, glitter stars 
- Daiso, nail star gems 
- H&M, nail polish in Russet Spice 
- Posca, marker in gold 
- Sephora, base and top coat 

----

Photo of the day: 28.10.2017

Day 201: Saturday, October 28 2017
Camera: Sony XPERIA L1 
Halloween Jfashion meet time! 
We went and had high tea! Eventually, I will write a proper blog post about this :). 
I feel like I should not be trusted to take selfies on any device that has a screen where I can see what I'm doing. 
Because if I take one with my Canon compact camera or Polaroid SNAP, they always come out way nicer! Or better said: not blurry, oops! 
I started off wearing my pink brain print beret, but I found this hat at a second hat shop for only €7 so the beret went in my backpack and I wore this instead :). 

Outfit: 28.10.2017

Outfit of the day:
Beret: customised by me (you can't tell from the photo, but the top is painted as a human brain) 
Brooch on beret: (it's a brain in a jar) handmade by me 
Glasses: Theo 
Cardigan: Harry Potter (official merchandise, it's full of embroidered outlines of potions bottles) 
Blouse: Ankh Rouge 
Bag: Swimmer 
Skirt: made it myself 
Petticoat: Dear Celine 
Tights: HEMA 
Boots: Palladium 
Accessories: asos, Angelic Pretty, handmade, Roxy, Pieces, Skullery, Moon Raven Designs, Poorman's Gold Label 

Day 106/100 days of make-up in 2017Make-up: 28.10.2017

Day 108/100 days of make-up in 2017 
I still wanted to wear some make-up so I wore eyeshadow and lipstick as those areas of my face are THANKFULLY unaffected by the rash. 
Alas, it is not hiding the fact that the rest of my face is still a swollen rashy mess though :( 
BROWS: 
- M.A.C, brow sculpt in Cork 
EYES: 
- Nocibé, artist eyeshadow in Mambo Americano 
- NYX, eyeshadow base in skin tone 
- NYX, multitasking mixing medium 
- Yves Rocher, Nude Botanical Color Palette in Magnolia, Péche Mordorée and Beige Abricoté 
- Sugarpill, loose eyeshadow in Ghosted (as eyeliner) 
- Sugarpill, pressed eyeshadow in Tako and Flamepoint 
- Too Faced, Sweet Peach Glow highlighter (as inner corner highlight) 
- Too Faced, Better than Sex mascara 
LIPS: 
- Too Faced, Melted Matte in Naughty by Nature 
- Weleda, Everon lip balm (as primer) 

Day 28/31 days of Halloween

Day 28/31 days of Halloween 
Thank god all my remaining 31 days of Halloween looks were pre-shot! Sketched autumnal Jack o' Lantern for today! :) 
BROWS: 
- Benefit, Goof Proof Brow pencil in 3 
EYES + FACE: 
- BE Creative make up, photo perfecting primer 
- Canmake Tokyo, cream highlighter in Luminous Beige 
- M.A.C, sized to go pigment in Chartreuse 
- M.A.C, in extreme dimension lash mascara 
- Nocibé, artist eyeshadow in Mambo Americano 
- NYX, cosmic metals lip cream in Out of this World, Solar Energy and Speed of Light 
- Sephora, fingertip eyeliner in Metallic Gold 
- Snazaroo, Adventure palette in orange 
- Sugarpill, loose eyeshadow in Ghosted 
- Sugarpill, pressed eyeshadow in Flamepoint 
LIPS: 
- M.A.C, sized to go pigment in Chartreuse 
- NYX, butter lipstick in Hot Tamale 
- NYX, cosmic metals lip cream in Out of this World and Speed of Light 
- Sephora, Rouge Shine in Latin Lover 

---- 

Claire

Day 202: Sunday, October 29 2017
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
Halloween party at our home! :) 
 Well, I say party, because to be honest, it was just an excuse to have friends over, eat Halloween candy, cake, waffles and pizza and hang out :D. 
This is my friend Claire, who single-handly proves that skeletons can be super classy. 

Outfit: 29.10.2017

Outfit of the day:
Hat: thrifted/vintage 
Glasses: Theo 
Cardigan: mademoiselle 
Brooches: handmade and I Love Crafty x Pony People 
Blouse: Primark 
Bracelets: Angelic Pretty and handmade 
Skirt: made it myself 
Petticoat: Dear Celine 
Tights: asos 
Shoes: asos 

Day 110/100 days of make-up in 2017

Day 110/100 days of make-up in 2017 
Same story as yesterday, alas! 
And it's the last day I am allowed to take my prescription meds too :(. I hope my skin will continue to heal with just the use of really good moisturisers! BROWS: 
 - M.A.C, brow sculpt in Cork 
EYES: 
- M.A.C, eye shadow in Amber Lights 
- M.A.C, Semi-Sweet eye shadow x 9 in Bamboo 
- M.A.C, technakohl liner in Brass Band 
- M.A.C, sized to go zoom lash in Beets Me 
- NYX, eye shadow base in skin tone 
- Yves Rocher, Nude Botanical Color Palette in Magnolia and Péche Mordorée 
- Too Faced, Natural Eyes in Chocolate Martini 
LIPS: 
- Sugarpill, liquid lip color in Pumpkin Spice 
- Weleda, Everon lip balm (as primer) 

Day 29/31 days of Halloween

Day 29/31 days of Halloween Inspired by this look by Nicole Matthews. 
I just had to try it myself because I loved it so much! 
BROWS: 
- M.A.C, brow sculpt in Cork 
EYES: 
- M.A.C, pro longwear concealer in NC20 
- M.A.C, sized to go zoom lash in Beets Me 
- M.A.C, Semi-Sweet eye shadow x 9 in Drawing a Blanc 
- NYX, eye shadow base in skin tone 
- Yves Rocher, Nude botanical color palette in Magnolia and Baie Rose 
- Yves Rocher, waterproof eyeliner in Brown 
- Sugarpill, pressed eyeshadow in Flamepoint 
- Too Faced, Chocolate Bon Bons in Satin Sheets 
FACE: 
- M.A.C, sized to go strobe cream 
- M.A.C, extra dimension skin finish in Beaming Blush 
- Yves Rocher, brown eyeliner 
- Sugarpill, pressed eye shadow in Flamepoint 
- Too Faced, Hangover primer 
- Too Faced, Milk Chocolate Soleil bronzer 
- Too Faced, Chocolate Bon Bons in Malted (for the freckles) 
LIPS: 
- Sephora, cream lip stain in Pretty Auburn 
- Weleda, Everon lip balm (as primer)




---- 

Make-up and outfit (unless otherwise mentioned) photos by Bert Van den Wyngaert
All the 100 days of make-up + 31 days of Halloween photos can be found here. And all daily photos of 2017 are here. 

---- 

Find me online: twitter - instagram - website 

No comments:

Post a Comment