Thursday 17 August 2017

Atsusacon with my friend Lora and NMBS fail, yet again

Atsusacon 

Lora and I have been going to Atsusacon pretty much since the first edition in 2011. Not always together, and I'm not sure she's done every single edition, but I have. 
So of course, when I got the press invite to attend, I immediately poked her and asked which day she wanted to go. We settled on Saturday (the 5th)
and met up in Louvain to take the train to Ghent. 
As it was a train headed for the coast, it was of course very full, but it was still ok when we left in Louvain so that was that at least :). 
 After a short walk to the ICC, we checked in and the convention fun could start :).  
I wrote a full review on the convention here on The Gatehouse, so I'm not going to sit and repeat myself on my blog, because repeating myself would just be boring.
Lora is doing another one for the next edition of BCM (out early October). 

Basically we had fun hanging out admiring awesome cosplays

Atsusacon

Atsusacon

Atsusacon 

and fashions 

Atsusacon

Atsusacon 

and hanging out with friends 

Atsusacon

Atsusacon 

And that was that. 
(More photos are here). 

We actually managed to leave at a decent time and we figured "hey we'll be home around dinner time for once!" 

Think again... 
The NMBS has decided, in all it's stupidity, to re-arrange their scheduele for July and August. Because obviously, when students aren't going to school no one should have a decent connection. 
Or something equally ridiculous and cruel. 
Basically, where the trip to Louvain would take about 45 minutes normally, it now took AN HOUR AND 45 MINUTES! I was still home around 8pm, this did NOT please me at all. 

Lucky we did leave earlier than usual, lord knows when we'd have been home otherwise XD. 
Another point of utter fail for the NMBS. 
It is utterly BEYOND me why public transport (because bus "service" De Lijn is equally guilty of this sort of crap) should suddenly become utterly shite during school holidays. 
People WORK you know, they still need to be able to get to and from said job properly as well! 
Just leave the train times be! 
Add more where you need but don't take any away!!! 

So yeah, I had an awesome time hanging out with friends, but the NMBS sure was a serious nuisance getting home, that did ruin the day a bit :(,

----

My outfit and make-up shots, taken by Bert when I got home. 
Thank god it stays light late in summer! (I'm sure going to miss that in the coming months!) 

Outfit: 5.8.2017 

Glasses: Theo 
Shrug: Vero Moda 
Top: Uniqlo 
Dress: made it myself 
Socks: asos 
Shoes: sacha 

Day 72/100 days of make-up in 2017 

BROWS: 
-M.A.C, brow sculpt in Cork 
EYES: 
- M.A.C, pro longwear concealer in NC20 
- M.A.C, technakohl liner in Brass Band 
- M.A.C, eye shadow in Amber Lights 
- M.A.C, sized to go zoom lash mascara in Beets Me 
- Too Faced, Chocolate Bon Bons in Divinity 
FACE: 
- M.A.C, strobe cream 
- M.A.C, blush in Full of Joy 
- M.A.C, extra dimension skin finish in Beaming Blush 
- Too Faced, Hangover Primer 
LIPS: 
- M.A.C, lipstick in Whirl 

---- 
Find me online: 
twitter - instagram - website - old blog (it's to say, I double post, but my years and years of posting is on there as I've had it since 2003)

2 comments:

  1. It usually still takes only an hour to go from Ghent to Leuven by train, I think you just got unlucky.

    And who leaves Atsusacon before 20.00 anyway? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll tell you who. People that have to rely on the NMBS and won't be able to get home if they leave at 8pm. I'm not even joking. And much as I enjoy Atsusacon, I'm going to be bluntly honest: it's not epic enough for me to want to shell out for a hotel, it's just not.

      Also: the NMBS summer travel times suck, there may be a train that only takes an hour to get there, but then it just goes once an hour, and if we would have had to wait for that, we would have been home an hour later still. So even if that train is around it would have been no use to us and my point still stands. Pesky NMBS is pesky :(.

      Also, don't be that guy (or girl), at least sign your name if you're commenting without an account :P

      Delete