Friday 7 July 2017

yay analog! Trying JCH street pan 400 for the first time

Trying JCH StreetPan for the first time

Thanks to my friend Dan K, I got my hands on a roll of Japan Camera Hunter StreetPan 400 and 'lo and behold, it is glorious! 
GLORIOUS! 

Here are the photos from that roll of film. 
Admitedly, I shot these back in March, but because many were used in BCM #31, I didn't want to release them online previously. 
So yeah, that's why this post is so late :) 
Well, I put some up a while back, just not the PLASTICZOOMS ones. Because people tend to not download BCM when they can just see the photos online anyway XD. 

Camera: Samsung Slim Zoom 115A Panorama 
Film: JCH StreetPan 400 

Onto the photos! 


Editorial shoot with PLASTICZOOMS 
Friday, March 3 2017 Laeken, Belgium (around the Atomium)

analog fun with PLASTICZOOMS

analog fun with PLASTICZOOMS

analog fun with PLASTICZOOMS

analog fun with PLASTICZOOMS

Bassist Jun

analog fun with PLASTICZOOMS

drummer Shota

analog fun with PLASTICZOOMS

Bert taking digital photos.

analog fun with PLASTICZOOMS

analog fun with PLASTICZOOMS

Guitarist Tom

analog fun with PLASTICZOOMS

Vocalist Sho

analog fun with PLASTICZOOMS 

All of the sudden, fans appeared, and really fun photos were made :).

analog fun with PLASTICZOOMS

analog fun with PLASTICZOOMS

analog fun with PLASTICZOOMS

analog fun with PLASTICZOOMS

Fun with mirrors. I'm still surprised I got all of us in that shot :).

analog fun with PLASTICZOOMS

analog fun with PLASTICZOOMS 

analog fun with PLASTICZOOMS

analog fun with PLASTICZOOMS 

For more PLASTICZOOMS from that day, check BCM #31, my Made in Asia 2017 set and Bert's flickr page :) 

Liège, Belgium 
Saturday, March 11 2017 

Liège, Belgium

Marie 

My friend Marie doesn't much like her photo taken, so she poses like that a lot, it's an ongoing thing we do :) 

Liège, Belgium 

Yeah scanner border, should have fixed that. Oh well :)

Liège, BelgiumLiège, Belgium

Liège, Belgium 

For more photos taken with this camera, click here. 

----

Find me online: 
twitter - instagram - website - old blog (it's to say, I double post, but my years and years of posting is on there as I've had it since 2003)





4 comments:

  1. Love!! I'm not sure I would have chosen this particular film for portraits if I knew in advance its results, but everything else looks SO good!! And as usual it's art so it's all subjective, but I really like the contrast, drama and almost noir effects it gives a lot of your shots! :D The mirror one I think it's my fave shot because it's unusual, fun and I didn't get that it was a mirror until you explained it XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want to get your hands on it, there should be a list of global retailers on the Japan Camera Hunter website :)
      It's definitely my fave black and white film, it's just too bad that it's so expensive to get hold of it :(
      Even with a seller in Belgium, thanks to B-post being so massively expensive, the film is still unaffordable for me :(
      I'll just have to end up in Tokyo some day and stock up there.

      Which is ironic, because the film is made in Belgium haha (it legit is).
      I shall look forward to the day where I can shoot street pan again.
      And they're coming out with a 120mm version, omg that'll be AMAZING! (I hope, because my Agfa cameras don't like anything over 200, generally).

      Delete
  2. Lol globalization has made some things really ridiculous. At least Belgium should b able to get it for cheap... I might stock up when i go to
    Japan :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would think that! But I would have to get it from a store on the other side of the country, who are bound by B-posts utterly OUTRAGEOUS postage charges and thus it would cost me nearly €10 just to get it to me, from the other side of a country as big of a proverbial handkerchief. Sadly I just can't justify spending close to €20 on one roll of film, no matter how much I love it.
      So my plan is to buy tons when in Tokyo haha. Considering I no longer shoot instax (as my 90 broke) I can spend the budget for instax film on street pan :D

      I 100% agree with you that globalization has made some things utterly ridiculous. Could not agree more!

      Delete