Thursday 4 May 2017

May the Fourth be with you – Happy Star Wars Day!

May the Fourth be with you! 

So, it's no secret that I love Star Wars. I grew up watching sci-fi. Doctor Who and Star Wars with my dad, and Star Trek with my mum. 
As a kid, I remember having Star Wars toys. Those are probably still in the attic at my parents' house. So when it's Star Wars Day, I get pretty enthusiastic. 


Even though I never really do much because you know, most of the time it's somewhere in the middle of the week when people are at work and such. Even for this 40th anniversary year, I didn't do much else than put on the original trilogy in the background and rope the cat into posing for a cute picture.

May the Fourth be with you! 

Loa cat was surprisingly cooperative, but then again, 
I did promise him a chew stick, which is his all time favourite treat in existance. 
But he mostly loves messing about with the lightsaber chop sticks.

Day 36/100 days of make-up in 2017 

Because Bert was really under the weather yesterday, and still was feeling poorly this morning when he left for work, I decided to brave the DSLR and take a day 36/100 days of make-up in 2017 selfie. EYES: 
- M.A.C, eye shadow in Amber Lights and Gorgeous Gold 
- M.A.C, in extreme dimension lash mascara/work it out in muscle tee 
- M.A.C, technakohl liner in Brass Band - M.A.C, pro longwear concealer in NC20 
- NYX, eye shadow base in skin tone 
- Too Faced, Chocolate Bon Bons in Divinity 
 - Too Faced, Natural Eyes in Nudie, Push-Up and Honey Pot 
FACE: 
- Benefit, Porefessional primer 
- essence, blossom dreams rainbow highlight in prism of light 
- M.A.C, extra dimension skin finish in Beaming Blush 
- Too Faced, Sweet Peach Glow blush and bronzer 
LIPS: 
- NYX, wicked lippies in Wrath 
- Rimmel x Kate Moss, lip balm 
---- 
Hat: Star Wars hat from the US Disney Store (there's also a Join the Rebellion pin on it) 
I was also wearing a Star Wars t-shirt from Undiz reading "Star Wars Addict", a cardigan from Primark and that cup is an R2D2 one from Primark. 
I was wearing Star Wars stuff yesterday, too.

May the Fourth be with you! 

I'm no good at taking selfies, using a DSLR probably doesn't help. 
 Just in case anyone was wondering, no, I don't actually own a device that I can properly take selfies with. 
Ok, maybe in theory my tablet, but the camera on that is pretty rubbish.

Yes, I really used that much to do one make-up look 

Seeing it like this, the amount of make-up I use for one look is pretty frightening O_o. 
Of course, I don't use every colour inside a palette, but still... 
I put the Darth Vader pin in there because you know, Star Wars Day :). 

Anyhow, I hope all my fellow Star Wars fans had fun this May the Fourth, let me know in the comments what you guys did to celebrate, if you celebrated at all. 
And if you're not a Star Wars fan, I hope you had a great Thursday! :) 

For those that love Star Wars, here's my Star Wars set on flickr :). 
And for all my previous Star Wars related blog posts, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment